Chapter 30

"I'm telling you, your brother wants to see you. You have to promise me Carter James Michaels...you'll stay until your brother gets out of the hospital," the matriarch of the Michaels family ordered her son who was adjusting the long-sleeved button-up he was wearing.

"Aren't you hot in that?" Mrs. Michaels asked her son.

Carter tugged on the collar of his shirt, revealing a hint of blue ink.

"Is that a tattoo?"

Carter sighed, "No, mother. Of course not. Listen, I have to run an errand but I'll be back soon."

"What? I'm making dinner. Where are you going?"

"I have to pick up my girlfriend."

Mrs. Michaels smiled, "Alright. Your father and I will be waiting."

Carter nodded before walking past his mother and rolling his eyes. He pulled out his phone and made a few calls, "Do you know where she's at? Good. I want you all here as soon as possible. Just follow my instructions. Yeah. Blanco Motel. Burn it to the ground. I have to go. He'll be there soon so hurry."

Carter disconnected the call and stared down at the tattoo on his arm before glancing up to the full moon. So much was happening but he was flexible. He'd change his plans as needed.

"That's right Jax. You tried to lure me to the hospital but now I'll have you here," he held out his hand, "Right in the palms of my hands."

Carter threw back his head and laughed while his phone rang. He cleared his throat before answering.

"I meant to be back sooner but my girlfriend was in a car accident. Yeah. I'm sorry mother but I don't think I'll be making it to dinner tonight."

---------------
Dani's head was pounding as she slowly opened her eyes.

"I told you to be careful!"

"I was! She's not hurt, is she?"

Dani groaned, "Where...where am I?"

"Dani, are you okay? Do you feel alright?"

Dani's eyes squinted as they focused on the man standing above her, "Oliver?"

"I had no idea what he was planning," Oliver whispered, wiping a tear from his cheek. "I would never want you hurt."

"Where am I?" Dani asked. She tried to look around but a sharp pain spread through her shoulders.

"Somewhere safe," Calvin's voice cut through her thoughts.

"Calvin?"

"Who else would it be?" Calvin crossed his arms as he stood by Oliver. "Before you get mad, I'm sorry. I had to do something," Calvin explained.

"Oliver, what's going on?"

"I'm not sure what I should tell you. I don't think it's my place," Oliver looked away from Dani's confused expression.

"Let me do it," a female voice said.

All eyes turned towards the woman known as Helen Deleon.

"What are you doing here?" Dani asked, her eyes narrowing, recognizing her birth mother.

"I'm your mother. Of course I should be here," Helen said as she stood by Calvin. She placed a hand on his shoulder, "Good job bringing her here."

"Why am I here?" Dani's voice grew louder in anger. "What the hell is going on? Why did you knock me out?"

"Death has been appearing in your dreams, Dani. Don't you know what that means?" Helen asked.

"I don't care what it means. I want to know what's going on!"