Epilogue

His tombstone was always decorated with purple hyacinths. He picked up some of the flowers and frowned. Despite everything, his death was for the best. After what he had done, there was no going back to what life had been before Vivian. He forced himself to leave the graveyard and make his way back to the church. He had returned for a reason.

It was an Easter wedding, held in the garden outside of St. Anthony's church. On the bride's side, Dolores was sitting next to Calvin, who was trying to avoid her flirtatious come-ons.

"Are you sure you're Dani's brother?" Dolores asked. "She would've told me if she had a brother as handsome as you. She likes to set me up on blind dates."

"Yes, I'm her brother" Calvin answered.

Dolores glanced at Helen Deleon who was sitting on the other side of Calvin, "She's your mother?"

Calvin nodded, "Yes."

Helen overheard Calvin and grinned before patting Calvin's shoulder, "That's right. We've been apart for so long but we're finally together again."

"Well, ever since she was released from the hospital last year, she's changed," Dolores admitted. "She's more open to people."

"Which is why she finally accepted me as her brother. That and the blood test that proved it," Calvin looked back. "I wish she would've let me walk her down the aisle."

"Brother or not, that's Oliver's job," Dolores grunted.

Everyone quieted as the music began and Jax stood nervously by the priest. He beamed when Dani appeared, Oliver by her side.

Without anyone noticing, the uninvited guest stood behind a cluster of rose bushes, his face hidden. He watched in silence as the priest pronounced Jax and Dani as husband and wife.

He sighed as a weight lifted from his chest. Jax was happy. By remaining dead, his brother could forgive him and Carter was finally ready to accept that forgiveness. He glanced at his watch. He had a flight to catch if he planned to be in France by tomorrow. He pulled up his collar which hid the scarred skin from not making it out of the warehouse fast enough. He tucked the purple flowers in his pockets and looked up towards the bright sky. Today, he was letting his past go and hanging onto his new identity. He'd make better choices from now on. Carter smiled. It was time to stop being the bad guy. It was time for his new life to begin.

As their loved ones watched on, Dani whispered, "I'm not afraid of having nightmares anymore because I have you. Do you know how much I love you AppleJax?"

"It can't be as much as I love you. You gave me my life back, Dani. Thank you for becoming my wife. Have I told you today that I love you, Panda Eyes?"

"Yes, but I'll never get tired of hearing it," she smiled.

The crowd cheered as the two kissed.