Chapter 7

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in forever and sorry for the one swear word in this chapter. Sorry to the Frary shippers who are upset with Margareta, but I'm just giving Francis a chance at happiness and if that ticks you off, sorry.

Thanks for reading and reviewing!

I awoke as France's morning sunshine poured into my room. I sat up and stretched my arms and just breathed in the happiness I fell asleep to.

He had said it. He said he loved me. In my heart I knew that he was still in love with Mary and I would need to leave it to him to decide what he would do with her in his heart. The rest of my heart tried to push out that negativity, for I wanted to start the day off right.

I got up and on cue Annette walked in, bowed, and- thankfully- smiled at me.

"Is your Majesty ready to be bathed and dressed?" She asked sweetly.

I nodded and we began our routine.

Afterwards, I left to go and eat breakfast with Catherine, Claude, Francis, Bash, and -unfortunately- Mary. I kept telling myself not to jump across the table if she said the wrong thing. Billiford, as if reading my mind, came closer to me and said, "Your Majesty looks exquisite, as usual. Her Grace, the queen, has nothing on your Majesty."

I smile up at him and say, "Are you sure? I feel a bit strange in blue." I gestured to the beautiful gown I was wearing. It was indeed my only blue dress and it looked good. The beading and lace design was a beautiful flowing master piece.

"You look beautiful, Margareta and don't let some Scottish queen tell you any different." He bowed and returned to walk at the respectable distance from me as we neared the King's dining hall.

When the doors opened my guards immediately went to their memorized places for maximum security view and waited for any threat. I simply walked with Billiford to the table where Bash, Catherine, and Claude were seated. I noticed one amongst them was not of the royal family, but a noble man.

Catherine beamed as I sat down next to Bash and near her, though she was at the end of the table, she said, "My dear, so glad you could make it."

I nodded and said, "Thank you for inviting me, Catherine."

Catherine opened her mouth to say something but Claude was too quick for her mother. She got up as she said, "Well I am the only one who has not gotten to spend time with our Margareta."

She makes a fake pouting face as she hugs me. I hug her and say, "I've missed you too, Claude."

She smiles down at me and returns to her seat next to the noble on her mother's right hand.

Bash coughs and says, "I heard from my wife that you've decided to use her resources to find Ladies." He took a drink of his coffee and looked at me waiting for a response.

I nod and say, "Your wife is amazing and I know she will make the whole ordeal somewhat enjoyable." He smiles back at me.

I feel that was something to distract me from the Noble and the absence of Francis and Mary.

I break the awkward silence growing over the table and say, "Where is Francis? And.....Mary?" I gag out her name.

Claude laughs at my distaste for her sister-in-law. I suppose she doesn't like Mary either.

Catherine looks worried on how to share news that she is withholding. As she opens her mouth to answer as the double doors swing open and low and behold the King and Queen of France and Scotland walk in.

They hold hands formally until the doors shut and Francis steals his hand back leaving a dumbstruck Mary standing alone. She finally commands her feet to move and comes to sit directly in front of me.