010 » to love and be loved.

—

"I'm gonna shit my pants, you know."

"You're not gonna shit your pants, hyung."

"I'm gonna shit my pants!"

"Hyung, you won't—"

"I shouldn't have eaten so much spicy food. Wanna know why?" Jimin chuckled, "Because I'm going to shit my pants."

The boy's eyes rolled.

"Aigoo, are you the bride or are you the groom?"

Jimin looked at his friend through the mirror, trying feebly to laugh at the crude joke. Except the tie around his neck felt really, really tight for no reason and every reason at all. He couldn't decide whether or not he wanted his hair parted in the middle, or if he should tell the stylist to comb his bangs down. Or maybe he should just keep it the way it was.

He glanced at Jungkook through the mirror, and saw only him. All of his other groomsmen: Yoongi, Namjoon, Seokjin and Taehyung, had all made their way out to the beach, but he was still here. 

Just like old times.

Jimin shook his head, "I don't know anymore."

Then he realized he'd messed up all the hard work he'd done on his hair for the past ten minutes, and let out a frustrated groan. His short fingers played with the brown tendrils, trying to smooth down that one cowlick that wouldn't stay in place no matter how hard he tried. 

Jungkook laughed as he watched his friend from behind and shook his head. Jimin wasn't a very good actor. He knew him better than anyone else, and could see through his frazzled facade. His obsession with his hair was only a distraction to keep his food down while they awaited his big moment. Because, in reality, Jimin was nothing more than a walking load of butterflies.

They had come such a long way together. 

It was fascinating to Jungkook how much closer he was to Jimin than he had ever been to Jaewon. And he supposed that that was due in part to the connection they shared. The two were, in every way, soulmates from the very beginning. 

Despite the differences between them, from their age to their personalities, taste in music, hobbies and all, he felt closer to Jimin than anyone else. He felt like he and Jimin were born from the same comet. 

 And now, that worried him, because Jimin was tying the knot. 

As happy as he was for his hyung, he couldn't help but feel that marriage would separate them. No more sleepovers, or days out in the city, late night drinking. All of his favorite things would be replaced by third-wheeling with Threxia and Jimin.

Maybe it's time for me to find a girl of my own.

"What about Chaejin, from the froyo shack?" Jimin joked aloud with smiling eyes, "You seem to like her a lot. It sounds to me as though you're... falling, for her."