Part Seven

Hey people of the Internet! Sorry it's been a while, I use my Dad's portable Internet and he hasn't been bringing it home so it's been a longer wait than I would've liked. Anyway, hope you enjoy. Sadly there is probably only one or two more parts left.

Louis isn’t sure why he does it, but he lets Harry bring him in for a second kiss. He blames being in a state of mind where his emotions were running wild and Harry’s confession of his feelings making them worse. Part of him wanted to just shut him up. But the other part wanted something. Maybe something that would help figure out these sudden feelings he was having towards Harry. Were they purely just in the moment? Was it just because Harry had almost died? Or were they ‘maybe-maybe not’ feelings that had been locked up for so long, and Louis had finally realised how true they could be? You wouldn’t be snogging if there weren’t feelings somewhere in your body idiot. That little nagging voice inside his head was really starting to annoy Louis.

He feels Harry cup his jaw, his thumb rubbing against Louis’ stubble; he can feel Harry’s light but erratic breath hitting his lips, his peppermint toothpaste leaving a fresh taste in Louis’ mouth. Sweet spice filled his senses - was that cinnamon he could smell? He opens his eyes, When did I close them?  seeing Harry’s eyes closed; he looks content. There’s soft rain hitting the window of the hospital room, the soft pitter-patter relaxing them both. As they pull apart, Louis exhales shakily and Harry tries not to, he really does, but he lets out a soft whine as Louis’ lips leave his once again.

“Well,” Harry breaths out, his cheeks flushed. “I expected a rash response, but not that rash.” Louis blushes, his actions only now daunting on him. He had kissed Harry. Harry. His best mate. “Louis, what about Eleanor?” Oh. Right.

“We broke it off.” Harry sits up a bit straighter.

“What? Why?” So Louis explains, but he tactically leaves out the part where he thought about Harry in a romantic way, and Harry can feel himself getting angry. “She cheated on you? And she still agreed to marry you?!” Louis shrugs, playing with the hospital bed sheet. “Louis, she didn’t deserve you. She never did.” Louis looks up, tears brimming his eyes.

“I just thought she really loved me, y’know? W-why didn’t she love me as much as I l-loved her?” He hiccups over his words as a hand comes to rest on his cheek, brushing away the fallen tears.

“Hey, shh, Louis it’s okay, it’s gonna be okay.” Harry pulls him into his bed and Louis goes without a fuss, facing away from Harry with his knees bent and his cold feet entangled in the sheets. Harry wraps an arm around Louis’ slim waist, tucks his knees behind Louis’ and buries his head into the junction where Louis’ neck and shoulder meet. It’s been a long time since they laid together like this, and right in that moment Harry has never felt happier. Louis sniffles, rubbing at his eyes before reaching to entangle his hand with Harry’s. He fights to keep his eyes open, but as soon as he hears the soft, “Go to sleep Lou, it’s okay, I’m here,” he’s drifting off into a dreamless sleep, and that’s fine with him.

The two women watch from the doorway with fond eyes. In some ways they knew this would happen. Anne was happier now, seeing her son not suffering as much, and Jay, who had arrived to comfort Louis, was just happy her son had found a sort of closure. Both were happy their sons had their best friends back.