Epilogue

The next day, Christmas Day, Louis wakes up to the sound of birds chirping and seriously, why are they up? It’s Christmas Day for God’s sake. He groans and pulls the quilt further up his body, tucking It under his chin and turns to his side, coming face to face with a sleeping Harry. He tries to memorise his features and what he does when he sleeps. The way he scrunches his eyebrows together and huffs out breaths. His hair flops over his forehead and his eyes flutter. He looks like an innocent child when he sleeps, and Louis has to refrain from letting an ‘Awe’ escape his lips.

“Stop starin’ Lou.” Louis jumps and his eyes widen as he can’t grab the bedding fast enough and tumbles not so gracefully out of the bed. He moans as his head and back hit the hard floor and a cool breeze washes over him. He looks up to the bed just in in time to see Harry peak over the edge, his facial expression giving away that he’s still sleepy, yet holding in a laugh.

“Don’t. Don’t you dare laugh. It’s your fault im down here.” He points a threatening finger at him but it ends up on his face as he covers his face with both hands and giggles at the situation he’s found himself in. Of course, once he starts laughing, he can’t seem to stop. They laughs so much it starts to become painful. Louis is startled when he feels pressure on his abdomen and a pair of bigger hands cover his and pull them away from his hidden face. His laugh dies down to a giggle and then to a sheepish grin as he looks up at Harry, who’s grinning like a Cheshire cat down at him. His smile softens as he removes his hand from Louis’ and reaches out to remove hair that had fallen into Louis’ eyes. He dips down slowly, letting his breath hit Louis’ lips and closes the gap between them. He kisses him languidly, savouring the moment. Louis kisses back gently, a small smile appearing on his lips. It’s a short kiss but a lot of emotion is felt between them.

“Morning Lou,” Harry whispers as he pulls away. “Happy Christmas.”

“Happy Christmas Harry.” He reaches up and wraps his hand around Harry’s neck, bringing him down for another sweet kiss. A cough from the doorway breaks them apart and they both look to the side to see Gemma standing with a smug looks on her face.

“Sorry to interrupt this adorable moment, but Mum said that we can’t eat or open the presents until you two get your butts downstairs. So come on.” She smirks as she turns and walks away. The two boys look at each other a giggle quietly. Louis taps Harry’s thigh, indicating for him to get off of him but Harry stays.

“Lou,” Louis looks up at Harry’s eyes. “Can I ask you something?”

Louis smirks, “You just did, but sure.”

“Will you be mine? And only mine?” And oh, that sounded like a proposal. “What I mean to say is, wow I’m nervous. Louis William Tomlinson, will you be my boyfriend?” Louis smiles softly and reaches his hand out to cup Harry’s cheek.

“Of course Harry, I’d love that.” And Harry smiles a smile that makes Louis love him even more.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

As they embrace once more, Harry starts to feel his eyes water. Damn emotions. But it just goes to show, sometimes it is worth getting out of bed in the morning.

The End.