8-Percy

Sicily, who is now almost eleven, yawns and comes downstairs in her pajama pants, a tank top, and a blue bathrobe. Her Doctor Who TARDIS slippers light up with every step she takes. Yawning again, she hugs me from behind while I flip pancakes -blue ones- nonetheless.

"Morning, Daddy."

"Morning, sweetie."

"Why are the pancakes always blue? And why does Mom keep her dagger from Luke? I thought she hated him."

"Well, a long time ago, I was twelve, and I met this beautiful girl named Annabeth. My mom made me blue food because I'm a demigod, and they don't have very many mortal accomplishments, so it's to celebrate accomplishments. And, well, when your mom was little, really little, about seven, she ran away from home and met Aunt Thalia and Luke. All she had was a screwdriver and she had been fighting with it. So, Luke, your Uncle Luke, gave her a dagger. Annabeth and I started dating after she kissed me twice, and we met Luke for the last time when I was fifteen, almost sixteen. There was a prophecy, and one of the lines was

'Hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap.'

The cursed blade was the dagger. And, we thought I was the hero, but Luke was. He killed himself for us, for all of us. He didn't die in vain, he did it to stop Kronos from rising."

"How did that stop him from rising?"

"Luke, well, Luke was kind of... possessed by Kronos."

"Oh."

I flip two more pancakes and put them on a plate.

Felix walks in, and he's now seven.

"Pj is supposed to come home soon!" I announce as I sit down with my kids at the table. Annabeth is working, so it's just us three.

"Hmmph." Sicily sighs and sits down. "He gets all the attention now he's at camp."

"Oh, you love your brother. I felt the exact same way with Tyson."

"Yeah, but Uncle Tyson is a cyclops."

"So?"

She sighs and pours lots of syrup over the pancake.

~~~

Sicily comes home from school, dumps her bag on the floor, and runs upstairs, crying. Worried, I knock on her door. She lets me in, and I pull her into my lap, my chin rested on her curly black curls.

"Dad, I hate being a demigod. I can't FOCUS! And, I, I have to repeat the grade. Please don't be mad!"

"Honey, I know. I don't like it either. It's okay. You'll be off to camp soon, and you'll have a new sibling to worry about, and it'll be fine. Everything will be fine. I'm here." I say, my voice cracking, I fold her into my chest. She looks into my sea-green eyes and I look into her steely-grey ones. I kiss her on the forehead and she smiles.

"You look just like your Mom."

She shuffles and moves off my lap.

I grab the knob, and I'm about to leave when her voice stops me.

"Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"I hope I'm like you someday. You know just what to say, and you're strong, and good to Mom, I mean, you held up the sky for her. You're a good Dad, and I want to be like you."

I smile and exit, taking a deep breath. I never thought anyone would look up to Percy Jackson, the weirdo who ate blue food. I guess it turns out there's a hero in everyone.

~~~~~

Hey! Sorry, it's kinda short, but the next chappy will be better and longer! For those reading on laptops/computers, the photo that goes with this chapter is supposed to be Percy and Annabeth, gender swapped, but I found it on deviantart and thought it looked like Pj and Sicily. :3 Thanks for reading, but I still need to know- baby number five? TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!