Imladris

Disclaimer: I do not own the picture above.

"What are you exactly doing?" Alvena asked the dwarves who were burying a chest full of gold. Gold never really impressed Alvena. What impressed her more was Kili's bow, Gandalf's staff and the swords that they just found. No gold, no gem, no crystal could impress her at all.

Alvena went out the cave and breathed the fresh air. "Bilbo." Gandalf called her brother making Alvena also go to Bilbo. "Here, this is about your size." Gandalf said as he gave a small sword to Bilbo. Bilbo looked at it then said "I can't take this." 

"Then I'll take it." Alvena said earning a glare from Gandalf. She smiled sheepishly then Gandalf said "The blade is of Elvish make, which means it will glow blue when orcs or goblins are nearby." Alvena's eyes widen, jealous of the fine blade that Bilbo is holding. 

"I- I have never used a sword in my entire life." Bilbo said. Alvena snorted. "Alvena tried to teach me but I tend to ignore her for I find it useless." Bilbo said eyeing Alvena as she stared at the sword. 

"Now it is useful." Gandalf said. "But I hope you never have to use it, but just remember. True courage... is about knowing not when to take a life... but when to spare one."

Bilbo looked at Gandalf in confusion. Alvena just shook her head, knowing Bilbo he wouldn't understand.

"Somethings coming." one of the dwarves called out, alerting everyone. Everyone was armed especially Alvena and Bilbo. Until someone came out from the bushes shouting like a mad man "Thieves! Fire! Murder!" 

As he stopped right in front of Alvena and Bilbo. "Radagast." Gandalf called out. 

"It's Radagast the brown." Gandalf said to everyone making everyone put their swords away.

Radagast smiled at Gandalf until Gandalf came near and asked "What on earth are you doing here?" 

"I was looking for you, Gandalf." Radagast said "Somethings wrong, Somethings terribly wrong!"

"Yes?" Gandalf asked as if he was asking a five-year-old what he wants. Radagast was about to say something but paused, he opened his mouth again but paused as if he forgot what he was about to say. "Just give me a minute. Hmm..." he said. 

"No... I had a thought and, now I've lost it, it was- it was right there." As he pointed at his tongue "On the tip of my tongue.... oh.. It's not a thought at all." he said as Gandalf grabbed something from his mouth, and this amazed Alvena. "Oh, It's a stick insect." Radagast said.

Radagast went off to talk to Gandalf leaving us resting, waiting for them to finish. 

"Alvena?" Fili and Kili called out. 

"Hmm?" Alvena replied looking up from cleaning her light armored shoes. 

"How do you live with Bilbo?" Dwalin asked. 

"Ah! He has been my brother. Sometimes he can be annoying but I can live with that." she said as she put her hands on her hips. 

"Brother?" Balin asked. 

"Yeah, small brother is to be exact!" she said with a smile. 

"But he looks older than you." Kili said. 

"Yes, we get that a lot. But I'm the eldest here." Alvena said. 

"You are a strange hobbit then." Dwalin said as he narrowed his eyes at Alvena.

Everyone was about to get comfortable, then there was a howling in the distance. "Was that a Wolf?" Bilbo and Alvena asked in unison. 

"Are there- are there wolves out there?" Bilbo asked scared while Alvena smiled in delight knowing adventure was coming her way. "Wolves? No that was not a wolf." Bofur said but then Alvena heard growls behind them especially her, the big wolf was about to jump on Alvena but Thorin slayed it before it could touch her, another one appeared behind Thorin but Kili quickly shot him with his bow.