Chapter 1 A New Case

So this is my first attempt at a Sherlock fanfic and to be honest I have no idea how it's going to turn out. I have two people to thank for giving me some serious inspiration for this and that is:

blue_fire_tiger

and

FOREVER_SHERLOCKED

so if they actually read this then yep erm hi.

I'm writing this to pass the time after an operation so typing now is a lot of dedication.

Here we go...

***

Once I saw the street sign I quickened my pace.

Baker Street

This would be a strange confrontation but I knew what I had to do. After all, I had travelled far to get here which meant plenty of time for strategic planning and analysis. Of course I had seen him before, but never face-to-face which made it harder for me to deduce his character. But from the newspapers, his friend Dr Watson's blog, and his wonderful website The Science of Deduction I imagined I had quite a good idea.

I thought he was amazing, not only due to his magnificent mind, which I aspired towards, but also because he was my only hope. My life had been torn to pieces and I needed his explanation on the matter.

I had been so absorbed in my thoughts that I hadn't realised I had arrived. The plaque said

221B

The directions had been given to me by a man of about 20 with a strong cockney accent. I did not expect everyone in London to speak like this but this man was linguistically stereotypical of a Londoner.

Grabbing the knocker in hand I realised I was shaking. My emotions had always been my weakness so I willed myself to get a grip and knocked four times.

Dum-dum-dum-dum

"Coming!" came a faint reply from inside.

A woman- Mrs Hudson. My guess was found to be correct as she peered around the door.

"Hello. Mrs Hudson I presume?" I asked. Once she replied I continued my mentally prepared speech.

"I've come a long way to talk to Sherlock Holmes, you see I have a hugely important case for him and judging by your state of relief and calm I can tell he hasn't had a case since Baskerville and he's driving you insane with his boredom so may I come in and talk to him?" I gasped for air, realising I hadn't paused for breath at all.

"Well of course my dear. Erm, come with me," she smiled.

I returned the smile and followed her up the stairs. Granted she moved slowly but I supposed that was because she had hip problems. She knocked on the door and I heard a man's voice. With one last smile she opened the door and I stepped inside.

Sherlock's POV

With a sigh of relief I leaped up off the sofa, knowing it was finally time for a case. What I didn't expect however was the person who walked in the room.

She had long black hair that flowed in curls down her back, her face was rounded and young, the shape highlighting her chocolate brown eyes. Thin fingers toyed with the thin chain of a necklace. A sentimental piece I presumed. I couldn't help but find her fascinating. Fascinating and familiar.

"Mr Holmes, my mother has been murdered," she said suddenly as if that information had been waiting to burst out for a long time.

"Very nice," I said. "And what exactly would you like us to do about it?"

Upon hearing the word "us" her head whipped round scanning the room, stopping when she noticed John. Whilst they exchanged greetings I took in her appearance once more. Why did she look so familiar?

"Mr Holmes, I would ask if you would please refrain from staring. I am, after all, only 17," she smirked once she noticed my gaze.

"Who are you?" I demanded, desperate for the answer I couldn't deduce myself.

She took in a deep breath, evidently nervous beneath her sarcastic exterior. "My name," she began "Is Evanna Holmes and my dead mother Alia is your sister,"

I heard John spit out his coffee and everything turned into a blur. I sat down and closed my eyes, raiding my Mind Palace for any mention of these two.

Evanna's POV

What had I done? I just blurted it out! Stupid! Stupid! Now he'd retreated into his so-called 'Mind Palace' and I wouldn't be able to judge his reaction properly. I hated not having any clues to work with, it made me feel almost normal. I hated almost normal. I needed him to talk.

"Mr Holmes!" I snapped at him.

"Oh I wouldn't do that if I were you," warned John.

I shot him a look that meant business, and repeated myself.

"Mr Holmes you listen to me right now!" I screamed.

"WHAT!" he bellowed, making me jump even though I had been expecting it.

A smash made our heads turn; John had dropped his mug. "It's fine, I'll sort it out, it's fine, it's okay," he mumbled.

I turned back to Sherlock, restoring his attention back to the problem at hand before he could have an opportunity to flee back to the complex inner workings of his brain again.

"Uncle Sherlock? I really need your help," I said, my tone so sickly sweet I wanted to throw up but I had to carry on with this angle. "I really don't know how it happened and I'm so happy to find you because I don't have any other family I know of please Sherlock,". I added a cute smile for extra sweetness (Yuck).

"Listen, little girl. I don't care if we are family, that tone won't work on me, it makes me sick." he hissed.

"Fine! I hate degrading myself like that anyway but I thought you'd at least be interested,"

I smiled to myself. I had him right where I wanted him. Just one last push...

"I'll see myself out then. Nice meeting you John" I smiled at him then faced my uncle, my chin high willing myself to at least try to squeeze out a few tears.

I turned around and grabbed the door handle.

"Wait" came a forced voice.

I smirked to myself. We were so alike.

***

So there you go that's the first chapter I hope you liked it please comment and vote and follow and stuff. Any tips on characterisation are more than welcome so thank you :)