Chapter 2 The Cottage

Sherlock's POV 

Evanna told us we needed to go to Kent immediately to assess the crime scene. Reluctantly I agreed- we needed to get there before any of the moronic countryside authorities messed everything up. Whilst John called a long-distance cab, me and Evanna stood next to each other in silence. Until she broke it.

"I suppose you want to know everything about my mother don't you? I can tell you can't find any information in that brain of yours,"

I glared at her, her rudeness and arrogant nature reminding me of Mycroft.

"I got the feeling you were going to tell me anyway seeing as you obviously know so much more than me" I retaliated.

"Sarcasm doesn't suit you Sherlock, it clashes with your scarf" she said, watching me tie it around my neck.

I was about to make a remark when John walked in and said "Now now ladies, enough fighting, the cabbie's waiting"

I swept out of the room with a bitter look at her, bounded downstairs with a goodbye to Mrs Hudson and jumped in the cab. This girl was infuriating and it took all my resolve not to simply dissmiss her. Because I needed her. I needed answers. After two minutes and 36 seconds John and Evanna finally joined me.

"I can see you two get on so well," I said "probably because you're one of the rare few women John doesn't try and flirt with"

Evanna looked at the floor whilst John stared at me. I smirked at him, he shook his head, and looked away. Evanna told the driver to go to some village called 'Lenham' in Kent and we began our journey.

"So go on then" I said to Evanna, impatient for answers. She took a deep breath and launched into her story.

Evanna's POV

"This morning I found my mother dead in her bed. I didn't examine her or anything I just got the train straight to London," I started, the memories flooding back. "My mother had always been a secretive woman, I don't know anything about her past just that I was born as a result of a rape," I swallowed. "I don't know who the father is so don't ask. I never assumed we lived in the middle of nowhere all my life because my mum liked the rural life because she told everyone our surname was Jones. Every time I asked her why she changed the subject"

"So you think she was hiding and subsequently was murdered because of this secret or because someone had found it out?" asked Sherlock.

I shrugged. "I think she didn't want people to know that you were our relative. You lead a dangerous life Mr Holmes"

"Isn't that the best kind?" he smirked.

"Not when you have to clear up the mess" John murmured.

I allowed a small smile to creep up the corners of my mouth. "I just really hope to unravel this whole ordeal"

"Don't worry," he said. "We will"

Sherlock's POV 

After two hours of tedious travelling in which John and Evanna chatted endlessly about trivial matters like school and even the weather, we arrived. Grateful to escape the disgusting taxi cab I opened the door and swung my legs out.

I narrowly missed stepping on a cow pat.

"Only just come back from Baskerville and I'm thrown into the countryside again" I sighed.

"Oh man up Sherlock!" Evanna laughed.

The three of us walked five minutes down a dusty lane where we were greeted with a horrific sight.

"ANDERSON!" I shouted, furiously striding towards Evanna's cottage. "What exactly do you think you're doing here?"

"My job," he replied bluntly. "As directed by DI Lestrade but seeing as you're here maybe I shouldn't bother"

"That's very wise Anderson, smartest thing you've said all decade. In fact I saw something that reminded me of your intelligence- actually I nearly stepped in it"

Anderson scowled at me and opened his mouth to say something.

"Excuse me but the dead woman in there is my mother so I would appreciate if you'd all clear out of my house," Evanna exclaimed stepping forward, making Anderson's gaping mouth shut. "Now!"

I turned to look at her. We were so alike.

***

As you can tell I don't like Anderson.

Not

One

Bit

So hey starkid1directioner did I bring enough sass to the table and did I kick a certain someone's sorry butt?