Chapter 14 Deal or No Deal

Evanna's POV

There was the longest pause that I have ever experienced after Sherlock's statement. Moriarty's expression was unreadable, he simply stared at Sherlock who stared back.

To be completely honest it was quite creepy.

John and I gave one-another a questioning look -he had even less of an idea than I had. Well, no surprise there.

The two men continued their staring match, making me realise they were so different they were almost the same. Their minds worked in the same way, but their thoughts were used for completely opposite purposes.

The consulting detective.

And the consulting criminal.

It was almost poetic.

That's when it hit me. Since I received the information of my mother's and this violent man in front of me's relationship I had been racking my brain for reasons why she would be attracted to him. Well he wasn't horrible-looking except for his evil persona but my mother would never be the superficial kind, nor would she have hybristophilia. That's when I understood: the old cliche, opposites attract. My mother's mind worked like Sherlock's and so the same applied to Moriarty's. But her ideals were so different to his, they attracted. You can't control love.

Oh gosh how could she love him?

"WHAT?" burst out Moriarty, shaking me from my thought processes.

"I think you heard me the first time" Sherlock said calmly.

I could still see the red dot shaking on my chest: how on earth could he be so calm?!

"Besides I think you anticipated this beforehand" added Sherlock.

Moriarty raised an eyebrow. "We-e-e-ell...What. Do. You . Want." he snarled, whispering the last word.

"Let us go"

What.

Moriarty's reaction was scarily comical. He burst out in hysterical laughter, his voice booming around the empty room. He clutched his sides, but regardless kept his eyes warily trained on us.

"How... What... You se-e-eriously... expect...me..." he managed between cackles.

"Let me finish." Sherlock said seriously.

The change in the criminal's facial expression was so sudden, it was unnatural. His grin disappeared and his eyes returned to their original steely look.

"Please continue. Dearest Sherlock"

Sherlock's POV

Negotiation for me was usually quite easy. After all, I had to deal with Mycroft when I was a child and I managed to make him cooperate most of the time. I guess I've always been quite stubborn -but that's not a weakness. But Moriarty -he was different. Almost not a human, you could never anticipate his next action. During our last encounter he said that he was changeable, and that was his only weakness. In trying to negotiate with him, I believe that changeability is an asset because I wouldn't be able to judge his reactions. But I had no choice.

"Let us go," I repeated. "And you can have me alone later, soon, you have my word"

"NO!" shouted John.

Moriarty raised an eyebrow and I continued. "It's me you want. We'll meet again soon. Just leave John and Evanna alone"

I breathed deeply, my brain whirring through all of the possibilities of what could happen next and calculating plans according to each.

To my surprise, Moriarty nodded.

My racing heart slowed down slightly.

"Bu-u-u-u-t you really think I'd let my ickle wickle daughter go off with you?"

My heart rate sped up again. He was using Evanna as a bartering tool, which indicated that I needed to extent my part of the deal.

"She'll leave."

Moriarty raised an eyebrow once more. I hate it when he does that; it's as if he's mocking me.

Evanna spoke. "Yes."

I thanked her continuously in my head for understanding.

"I'll leave London for good. I'll never come back, just give me by the end of the week to sort my things out and then I'll go"

He still said nothing.

"Please Dad. I'm begging you" she added, tears pouring from her eyes.

My head snapped up -the routine she used when she first came to Baker Street was being recreated to convince Moriarty.

Moriarty looked me in the eyes and spoke, I would never admit the terror I felt.

"I'll see you Sherlock. Soon we'll be pushing open the gates of hell together."

I glared at him. "I look forward to it."

And with that he just walked out.

I looked at Evanna and John as soon as the back door closed shut and sighed with relief when I saw the sniper was no longer making us targets.

"Back through the maze?" Evanna asked, biting her lip anxiously.

"I'm afraid so"

We turned to face the labyrinth of roses.

***

Hybristophilia is when someone is sexually attracted to violent criminals which I guess Moriarty is.

No starkid1directioner, just because I am part of the Moriarmy and find Andrew Scott attractive (see the picture I mean dayum) does not mean I have this.

Just two more chapters left! Keep reading guys it bringeth me such joy that cannot be measured on one's fingers or one's toes.

Eww toes

I don't like feet just saying.