Chapter 13 A Million Pieces

I am so sorry, double sorry, triple sorry, for taking yonks to update this chapter.

I hope you think it's worth the wait.

***

Sherlock's POV

Instinctively I placed my arm in front of Evanna, not only as a -to be completely honest- feeble form of protection but also because I thought she might try to attack Moriarty.

That man was no man.

He was an animal, threatening to ruin everyone's lives, with every predator-like step he took.

I looked at Evanna who just stood there, frozen. It didn't take much to deduce that she was just digesting the information Moriarty had just told her. Probably wondering if it was a lie.

It wasn't. Moriarty was blunt, honest, and loved to entertain. It was the truth.

Then I noticed John standing by me, his fists clenched but his eyes in control. It was times like this when I truly appreciated his military experience. I could always rely on him.

"You know," drawled Moriarty. "I was kind of swayed towards the idea of saying 'Evanna I am you father'"

He held up his hand in a hooked position like Darth Vader and laughed emptily.

"Bu-u-ut! I think I shattered her anyway, don't you think Sherlock? Shattered her into a million pieces!"

"Why?" I asked.

He smirked. "She told you she was raped. " he said. "Lies! ALL HER WORTHLESS LIFE WAS A LIE!"

He paused to breath deeply through his nose.

"She said she loved me. But then she got pregnant and ran away. Too ashamed that I shagged her the frigid bitch."

Evanna lurched forwards, anger evident in the piercing scream that escaped from her mouth. John grabbed her from behind and struggled to contain her wrestling body that was madly clawing in her father's direction.

Her father's.

This past week has been full of surprises.

"Now now, darling" pouted Moriarty. "Listen to your daddy"

If looks could kill, Evanna would have been a murderer. The glare extending from her eyes was almost radioactive.

"Go on then" she whispered. "Tell your awaiting audience how you did it"

Evanna's POV

Oh my gosh.

I could not believe what he just said. His words rang in my ears.

Disguise is a necessary precaution.

He had hidden his identity.

I came and saw her again.

He had come to visit my mum secretly everyday.

She couldn't resist my charms.

My mum had fallen for him again even under a new name and look.

All whilst you were off at school.

Why hadn't she told me about him?

She told me she loved roses.

Her favourite flowers.

Loved them enough to die for.

He gave her the roses.

"Soooooo" he sang. "What do you think? Roses make a nice addition to my look, no?

"And I heard she died in the way she wanted! I suppose you could call it a win-win situation" He gave a disgusting smirk in our direction. "I always aim to please"

Sherlock stepped forwards.

"You"

Step

"Didn't"

Step

"Answer"

Step

"My"

Step

"Question"

Step

"Why?"

Stop.

Moriarty and my uncle simply stared at each other.

Then Moriarty tutted.

"There's no way out" he said. "Oh!" he cried and melodramatically clapped his hands to his mouth. "I nearly forgot"

He spun around. "Sebastia-a-an!"

Immediately a red dot appeared on my chest.

Sherlock stepped back, worry evident on his face. I sent a fake smile his way. Anything for reassurance.

"I want to destroy," Moriarty grimaced. "All of the so-called Holmes prodigies. I started with your stupid sister Sherlock, boy did she make it difficult!"

"She was smart" interrupted Sherlock. "She eventually figured you out"

"Well duh! Anyhow it was too late for her. And now you're next. Oh and loyal lapdog John too! You didn't think I'd miss you out did you?!"

This was it. We were going to die.

I closed my eyes and awaited the sound of gunshot.

Three

Two

One

I heard a sound. That wasn't a gun. It was my uncle's voice.

"Let's make a deal"

***

Yes you heard me.

Sherlock has full working knowledge of Star Wars.

It's important information guys seriously.

Also don't forget to comment, vote, and follow.

Why do people say 'don't forget'.

Surely people would do all those things purposefully?

I will therefore change my aforementioned sentence to:

'You know you love me and my story so do the voting, commenting, and following thing'

Kiki out