8

Leaving for the park, Patrick looked like a puppy going outside for the first time.

He pulled his notebook out and started to write. I couldn't see what it was, but he seemed really interested in it. We pulled into the park only seven minuets later.

I'm still wondering what Patrick was writing. He got out of the car and Patrick swung my door open. "Come on." He said, yanking on my arm.

I pull myself out of the car, closing the door behind me softly. We walked around a beautiful pond, hand in hand. I look over at Patrick, who is lip syncing a song.

"Patrick," I say stopping in front of him. He bit his lip. "Um, yeah?" I smile.

"I'm going to embarrass myself, but," I take a deep breath.

"Do you, do, do you remember when we drove, we drove, drove through the night

And we danced, we danced, to rancid and we danced, we dance,

And I confesses, confessed to you riding shotgun underneath the purple skies and we danced, we danced

With windows down and we danced, we danced

You were the song stuck in my head.

Every song that I ever loved.

Playing again and again and again. " I stopped singing. Patrick started with his goofy smile plastered on his face. "That was so cute!"

I look down and blush. "Haha. So I have a question." Patrick bit his lip. "What?" I take a deep breath. "What were you writing in the car?" He smiled. "My turn." He sat me down on a bench and stood in front of me.

"They say we are what we are, but we don't have to be.

I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.

I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame.

I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.

I am the sand in the bottom half of the hour glass.

I try to picture me without you but I can't,

'Cause we could be immortals.

Immortals.

Just not for long, for long." I smile really big. "That's so....Patrick I'm in love with you." I say, getting really serious.

"Did you think I didn't know that?" He said, smiling.

I looked down at my shoes. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "I'm kinda hungry." He stated. I felt my stomach growl. "Yeah, where do you want to go?"
Patrick thought for a second. "Pizza?" He asked. I smiled.

"Let's go.
~~~~~~~~~~~
We got home a few hours later. I was beat. I went to the living room and flopped onto the couch. Patrick got onto of me and laid there, eyes closed.

"Babe?" I say, causing eyes to flutter open. "Yeah." He mumbles. "Never mind. You just look so cozy. I don't want to interrupt that." He smiled, closing his eyes slowly.

I started to feel myself being pulled into my head. Dreams.

I don't want to dream. I can't do it. I can't watch Patrick die again.

I tried to fight it, but it beat me. I feel into a deep sleep.
~~~~~~
I wake up panting. Sweat poured off of me. Why do I keep having these dreams? I hear Patrick humming in the bathroom. I walk down the hallway to where he was. The door was open slightly and Patrick's waist was wrapped with a towel.

He turned his back and I snuck up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist. "PETE!" He jumped. I grinned. "What?" I ask, fake pouting. He rolled his eyes. "You gave me a fucking heart attack."

"Innocent little Patrick knows that word! So shock!"

"I say it all the time!"

"And?"

"Pete, shh."

I started to kiss down his neck. I kissed where a small bruise was at. He moan escaped his lips. I pulled away and walked out. "Are you serious?" I heard him say from the bathroom.

I chuckled. "I'm sorry, what do you want me to do about it? It's your fault you get boners." He walked into the bedroom in his boxers. I looked him up and down. I looked back at his face and he gave me a smirk. "Fuck you." and went back to the bathroom.

"I already did!"