10

"Pete! He's waking up!" I open my eyes slowly. "How did I get here?" I ask. "Y-you overdosed." I look at her confused. "You were in a coma for a long time now." I turn white.

"What about Patrick? Is he okay? Safe?" Mother gives me a confused look. "Who's Patrick?" Tears erupt into my eyes. "You know, short, blond, fedora." I say, tears flowing down my face.

"Dear, I've never met a boy named Patrick."

He never existed.

I put my head in my hands. The IV was really uncomfortable, but I could care less. He was all in my head.

"Are you okay, son?" I look at her. "I'm fine. My dream just seemed so...real." I say. "It's gonna be okay." I sigh. "I'm sorry." I tell mother.
~~~~~~~~~~~
School. My first day of school. I walk into the building, only to greeted by my Gerard, Frank, Ray, Brendon, Joe, and Andy. "Hey, are you okay?" I nod. "Yeah, I'm fine." I open my backpack to find my blue notebook.

What? I close my locker, confused. I walked into the classroom and see Patrick. Are you serious?

"Hi! Patrick!" I say, greeting him. "Oh hi.....P.....Pete?" He asked. He doesn't know me.

"Yeah, Pete."

"How are you? I heard what happened." I nod.

"It's not that big of a deal."

"Well, you could have died."

"So..." I stop myself from saying something stupid.

"Want to get coffee sometime?" I ask.

"That sounds....wonderful." I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in.
~~~~~~~~~~
After school I caught up with Patrick. "Hey!" He said. "Coffee?" I nodded. I walked him to my car. "What kind of music do you listen to?" I ask. I don't know this Patrick.

"M-mostly rock?" I send him a smile. My Green Day CD was already in and I just turned it on.
We pulled up to Starbucks and I  helped him out. "Why are you being so nice to me?" He asked. "Well....you're just an easy person to be nice to."

He blushed. "Thanks." He replied quietly.

I bite my lip. "So how is everything at your new school?" He sighed. "It's okay? I guess. I hate change."

I nod my head. "That's understandable." He smiled at me. We were next to get our drink. "Urm...sorry, this is rude, but will you order for me?" He ask. I smile. "Yeah. What do you want?"

"Water." I got up to the counter.

"Two waters please." I say. She handed me two bottles and Patrick and I took our seats.

"So, do you write songs?" I ask. "Actually, no. I can't write."

I bite my lip. "Oh, okay."

"But I do write poetry." I raise my eyebrow.

"Wanna read?" He asked. I nod. He handed me a notebook similar to mine. I hope the first page.

From day one I talked about getting out but not forgetting about how my worst fears are letting out.

They say why put a new address on the same old loneliness when breathing just passes the time until we all just get old and die.

Now talking is just a waste of breath and living is just a waste of breath.

And why put a new address on the same old loneliness.

And this is you and me and me and you until WD got nothing left.

"Wow. You're a true poet." He blushed. I take my pen out and start to write in his book.

If you are the shores, I am the waves begging for big news.

I'm mailing letters to addresses in a ghost town. Your secret's out.

I know this hurts. It was meant to. Your secrets out and the best part is it isn't even a good one.

"Well, I'm not the one that can write." He said, causing me to blush. He makes me feel the same as when I dreamed about him.

"Question; There are so many people that like you, why would you pick to hang out with me?" He asked. I bite me lip.

"Patrick, to be honest, you are beautiful. I know that's not what you want to hear today. Hell, we don't really know each other. But you are really amazing." Patrick reached for his notebook.

"You just seem like you wouldn't talk to someone like me." He adjusted his fedora. "Patrick, you're so much better than anyone else in this hell. You're self esteem is really low. All you think about is flaws. You are really need to stop bringing yourself down."

He bit his lip. "Pete, this is the first time we ever really talked. You're amazing. I just think we should....start seeing each other?"

I nod. "That sounds great."