Chapter 11

As promised, another chapter. I must say though, I'm not sure if I'm loving this chapter. It took me a while to write, and I'm still not sure it's as good as the other chapters. Please comment or vote and let me know how good or bad it is. 

Thanks though to all the people who fanned,commented, and voted on the last chapter. Keep on doin' what your doin' :)

(P.S. Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes)

***********************************************************************************************************************

                                                            Chapter 11

Evan’s POV:

            I pulled up to Earl’s coffee shop once again and walked inside. Spencer, my beta, was sitting at the bar drinking his coffee, waiting for me. I’d called him on my way here with orders to get his ass over here now.

            “So where’s the fire?” He asked as I walked up.

            “More like where’s the hunter.” I told him as I sat down next to him. His eyes widened and he out his coffee down, turning to look at me more fully.

            “What happened?” His voice was thick with concern. Being my beta, he knew all about the hunters. He was just as unhappy about their new stealthy, smart tactics as I was.

            “He talked to Sutton. That asshole talked to her!” I told him angrily. Maybe I was overacting, but with my father’s news about the hunters trying to get to the heart of the pack, I knew Sutton was part of their plan. Hunters are ruthless, they don’t care who they hurt. I would die if anything happened to Sutton because they were trying to get to me.

            “Calm down man, maybe it’s just a coincidence. You know Luke likes to flirt.” Spencer’s soothing voice interrupted by worried thoughts.

            “Not to my mate, he doesn’t.” I growled. Spencer looked around before standing up.

            “Come on man, I don’t want you shifting in here.” I followed him out the door and around the building towards our cars. A soft breeze swept through the air, swirling around us and playfully stirring my hair. I sniffed the air, and then stopped dead in my tracks.

I stiffened.

“Well, well, well, look what the dog dragged in.” Luke’s voice rang out across the empty parking lot. With the weather noticeably cooler, most people had made the choice to stay inside. Luke stood at the mouth of an alley, leaning against the weathered, red brick of the building beside him. Lockey stood not too far away, his arms crossed, the same gruff expression ever present on his face.

            “What the hell do you want?” I spat at him. He laughed, and I fought the urge to punch his arrogant face.

            “What? No formalities today?” He asked innocently, raising his eyebrows.

            “You know, I’ve got better things to do than stand around and talk to you.” I growled at him.

            “Hmm, guess not then.” He sighed and crossed his arms, reaching up to rest his chin in one of his hands, a thoughtful expression displayed. “I was just going to ask if you’ve met the Collins’ girl.” He grinned at me knowingly.

            “Yeah.” I replied evenly.

            “Hot isn’t she? I was thinking I might try and hit that up.” I growled and he laughed, ducking his head down. ‘’Guess you don’t like that idea do you?”