Chapter 27

I got some free time(surprisingly) and so I decided to upload for all of you fabulous Wattpadder's! I think you guys are going to be pleased :)

Please vote/comment/ and fan if you really enjoy it. Thank you to everyone who already does!

I'd also like to thank you guys for checking out "Rightfully His." I'll be uploading a new chapter of that probably tomorrow. 

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

*********************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 27

Sutton’s POV:
            Thick, peaceful silence enveloped me as I drifted awake. I snuggled deeper into the Evan’s warm embrace and his arms tightened around me, pulling me closer to him. I took a deep breath, loving the masculine scent that emanated from him. Peeking up through my eyelashes, I brought my gaze to Evan’s face. He was still sleeping, looking as serene as ever. His face was clear of any worry and he looked exactly how I felt. Content, happy.

            A flurry of movement over his shoulder had me dragging my eyes from his amazingly gorgeous face to the window. Dim sunlight seeped in through the open curtains and illuminated the room in a soft, grey hazy light. White flurries fell outside the window, swirling in the air. Gently, I pulled myself out of Evan’s arms and walked over to the window, looking out. The ground was covered in snow and the tress were coated in its white blanket. Just in time for a white Christmas. I squinted at the clock, displaying the proud time of 8:30 a.m. I’m pretty sure there were kids that lived in the pack house so I’m a bit surprised no one seemed to be awake yet.

            Tip towing out of the room, I padded down the hall in Evan’s old sweatshirt and sweatpants the pack doctor had given me last night. Last night. I shuddered at I thought of last night. Everything had happened only hours ago and yet it felt like a lifetime ago. I don’t know what happened to Luke or the rest of the hunters but I have a strong hunch Evan wasn’t as lenient this time. I’m fairly certain Luke isn’t around anymore. A shiver shot up my spine as I mentally relived the previous night. For a few seconds there, just before I’d crashed into Evan, I really had thought I was going to die. Not that I’d ever tell him, but the only thing on my mind was that I was never going to see Evan again. And it scared me.

            “Whoa!” I yelped lightly as a small body flew at me, wrapping itself around me.

            I looked down at the child that was now looking up at me, grinning excitedly. She had dark black hair and light blue eyes and very adorable dimples. She sort of looked like someone but I couldn’t quite put my finger on who. The little girl attached to me couldn’t have been more than four or five.

            “Hi.” She chirped. She let go of me and dropped to the ground but not even a second later she had wrapped her small arms around my legs and leaned her chin against my thigh, looking up at me.

“Well hello there.” I smiled down at her and chuckled. She was definitely one of the cutest kids I’d ever seen.

            “I’m Paige. And you’re Sutton!” She looked proud that she knew who I was.

“And how do you know that?” I inquired curiously.

“Well duh, I mean I’ve never seen you before and everyone is talking about how the Alpha found his mate. You’re the new Alpha Female!” She grinned enthusiastically.