Chapter 28

Many of you have been asking for Jason's opinion on this so I finally delivered. I left some things out because he'll find out about that later. I don't want to prolong you any further, so I'll shut up now.

Thank you to everyone who fans and comments and votes. You make all the late night writing and early morning writing worth it! :)

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

*******************************************************************************************************************

Jason’s POV:

            Mates. Yeah, no way in hell! There is no way I’m letting my little sister mate with my best friend, excuse me, former best friend. She obviously doesn’t know how he spent most of his college days. Partying and sleeping with girls. I’m not going to let Sutton just be another hump and dump. Over my dead body will Evan ruin my little sister.

            “Hun, calm down would ya?” Ellie looked over at me, placing a hand on my arm gently.

            My gaze softened as I looked at her, feeling the familiar pull towards her. God, I got so lucky to have her as my mate. We clicked instantly. You would think that being polar opposites would cause discomfort but it’s the opposite actually. Her seriousness toned down my wild side. While she made me grow up, I taught her how to loosen up and have fun. It truly is a match made in heaven. And here she is, looking quite beautiful in a red dress as we all waited for Evan and Sutton to make their grand entrance.

            The Christmas party was mostly for them. While it was a chance for pack members to catch up with other members, this year it was also a chance to meet the future Luna. It’s an understatement to say I’m not happy. I have no doubt in my mind that Sutton is a great leader and more than capable of leading the pack, but I’m not so sure Evan could restrain in hurting her. Looking around though, I heard murmurs spread through the pack about how different Evan is now that he’s found Sutton. Like those people are allowed to judge, they didn’t even know he had a mate until yesterday. I suppressed another rage wave and focused on Elise, taking her hand lightly.

            “I’m sorry, I just get so angry when I think about the two of them together.” I told her in a hushed voice. Many people in the pack already love Evan and Sutton together so they wouldn’t be too pleased to hear I hate them together.

            “I understand. Sutton is your little sister and Evan is your best friend,”

            “Was. He was my best friend.” I corrected her.

            “Is your best friend. He is. Jase, mates are mates. I mean I’m just so thankful Sutton didn’t have any objections to us being together so I think you should show her the same coutes-”

            “Why would she have any objections?” I cut her off, bewildered.

            “Jason, I’m one of Sutton’s closest friends, besides Lisa, no one’s closer to her than Lisa, but the point is, she could have totally said she wasn’t ok with one of her best friends dating her brother. I would have understood, I mean it must be pretty weird for her.”

            “But we’re mates.” I objected. In truth, I’d never really thought about how Sutton would feel to me being mates with her friend.

            “So are they.” Elise murmured, inclining her head up to the top of the stairs. I noticed everyone’s head snapped up at the same time, looking at the two people at the top of the stairs.