Author's Note

Finishing “Arthur” was just as hard as finishing “The York Rose.” Yet, I am happy this phase is concluded. It feels as if I managed to tell their stories, and I hope I was fair to Elizabeth of York and Arthur Tudor.

The Princes in the Tower’s fate still remains a mystery. There are many theories about what happened to them. Historians appointed Richard III, Margaret Beaufort, Henry Tudor and Henry Stafford (Duke of Buckingham). No one could ever prove their innocence or guilt.

Perkin Warbeck was a controversial figure; many believe he was telling the truth, however his willing testimonial of his own guilt was taken as legit. Perkin’s widow lived in Henry Tudor’s court until her death, and she was known for being a close friend to Queen Elizabeth of York.

The theory that Elizabeth had pursued the truth about Perkin and that he had a son with Lady Catherine Gordon are, however, fictitious. There are no indications that Elizabeth has ever tried to recover her brother. Perkin and Catherine had a daughter that was sent to Scotland, where she lived all her life.

Arthur and Catalina shared three months together in Wales. Later in her life, she swore her marriage as not consummated when her second husband, Henry VIII, wished to divorce her on the grounds that she had been his brother’s wife. However, those who had been in Ludlow castle witnessed a young, merry couple that seemed very much in love. Many Historians agree that Catherine of Aragón decided to state that her first marriage was not consummated so she could pursue a match with the younger Tudor prince.

Elizabeth of York and Henry Tudor found happiness at last. Henry was deeply sad when she died, and he  “privily departed to a solitary place, and would that no man should resort unto him.” He died a few years later.

Elizabeth’s son, Henry, became King Henry VIII, one of the most famous monarchs of England.

Thank you everyone who read this book and supported it. The War of the Roses/Tudor series will continue!