Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Explanation

Tiya POV

I gave her a light giggle and frown when she gave me a glare.

“What are you doing here young lady?” Trinton’s mom asked sitting down across from me.

“I didn’t feel too well.” I tried to lie to her but she gave a look that I knew she buying it.

“If you didn’t feel well then why even bother coming to a book store?”

My stomach had butterflies fly in a massive cluster.

“….. Ok I don’t want to see Trinton because I know he going to want to talk to me….” I glued my eyes down on the book I was suppose to being reading.

Trinton’s mom nodded her head in understanding, “Tiya go to school tomorrow. I know how it feels to face the one that hurt you the most. It’s like this wall that keeps you from approaching that person because you’re scared of the outcome.”

I nodded my head. My smile slowly started coming back but soon faded when she asked one question I didn’t feel like explaining.

“Why did Trinton and you break up anyway? He told me you guys broke up but didn’t tell me why.”

I took a deep breath, readying myself for the story, “Well he said I fight for my complexion too much. I don’t believe him…. I mean I fight for him too but it’s like he don’t want me to fight for him. Everyone call him nigger lover and they call me his slave….”

I balled my hands into fist and I took a deep breath.

“Trinton’s mom I’m…….”

“Please call me Ms. Arena.”

“Ms. Arena I’m sorry for everything. I didn’t mean to act that way when you entered your house. I mean the fighting and me dumping Trinton. I’m assuming that you were confused and mad.”

Ms. Arena gave a light laugh, “Honey I’m always dealing with my sons’ crazy life. You are a gift wrapped in a red bow. But I’m sorry that Cristica called you that and I would never see you as a nigga. Nigga means ignorant, a person that can’t act right and you are far from that Tiya. I mean you are the best girlfriend he ever had… Attraction wise and intelligent wise.”

I gave a soft smile and nodded whipping my soon to come tears.

“Thank you…. But I got a date later on tonight with this great guy. I mean he is so attractive and it’s something about him that I find oh so interesting about him. He knows exactly what to say.”

Ms. Arena gave a slight frown, “Tiya you checking out other guys already...”

“No, no, no!! I am not…. It’s just he inspired me that fighting all the time isn’t bad if you believe what you fighting for is right. He opened my eyes to that and I want to get to know him. I mean we can still be friends but I just want to know more about him”

I sighed and closed my book. I slowly stood up to go get nice lemonade.

“I’m sorry. You want anything Ms. Arena?”

Ms. Arena shook her head lightly as she went to get her papers to put on my table.

I came back and she was sitting there organizing her papers. I sipped my lemonade and checked out my books on the table untouched.

“What’s his name?”

I jumped lightly at Ms. Arena outburst and I was afraid to tell her for some reason.