Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven: The Games

Tiya POV:

I glared at the phone and hung up. I didn’t want to hear it. I never do. I was so hurt after hearing that voice and I knew that if I talked tears would start running down my eyes.

I want to be strong; I don’t want to keep crying.

I clenched the phone and took a step back. I stretched my arm back and launched the deadly thing away from me and into the street. I watched as a truck drove over it.

I bit my lip and glanced around nobody seem to pay me any mind. I was kind of happy. They didn’t see me as a crazy woman.

I bit my lip and started to cross the street.

I need to talk to Zickie… I want to talk to him…

He’s my only explanation about everything…

Why is he doing this?

Why is he toying with human emotions?

Why does he tease Trinton so much?

I dragged my feet as if I was a zombie. I was upset that I still remember that girl calling Trinton boo…

He may not want me back but dammit I deserve to find out the truth.

Once I do then I’ll let everything go and move on. I just want to know why?

I glanced around the corner and there I saw Zickie.

He was laughing with a boy and a girl. They stood behind a counter in a store.

I glanced up at the stores name and saw it was Abercrombie.

That was one of my favorite stores but at the moment it didn’t make me thrilled to smell the cologne.

The boy noticed me first and nodded his head towards me as I stood in the entrance.

I didn’t take a step further or a step back.

Zickie turned around laughing but his smile got wider when he saw me.

“Excuse me guys.”

He walked away from the two as they went in different parts of the store.

He approached me and for some reason I wasn’t made… I wasn’t happy… I was numb.

“You ok, Tiya?”

“I’m fine…”

“You look dead; don’t be sad because Trinton couldn’t make it and that girl.”

My eyes drifted to meet his, “How do you know about the girl?”

“I have ears… I’m not deaf Hahaha.”

I bit my lip and I felt the life flow back into me like a wave throwing its self away from the ocean and on the shore.

I finally realize why I’m here and what I have to do.

I took a deep breath and smacked him. Then I took a couple steps back and glared at him.

“Don’t touch me… Don’t come near me Zickie… tell me! Tell me why you dislike Trinton? Why do you hate him…? Why do you hate all your siblings?”

Zickie touched his cheek softly and he gave me a mischievous glare.

“I do it for the thrill… I do it for the fact that I am able to destroy their happy lives with just one action. A family that treated a boy with no love… You ever felt how to live with a family who don’t love you? I’m sure you don’t since you only have a sister and a loving mother.”