Chapter Nineteen

Kristen's POV

My heart was exploding.

My eyes had fluttered closed as soon as his lips touched mine. They were now slowly moving against each other, the feeling of utter bliss washing over me. Everything was perfect in that moment. The kiss was so gentle, slow and emotional.

His arms urged me even closer. And when our lips parted, we were still chest-to-chest. My hand had trailed its way up to his face, and my palm was now itching on top of his stubbled cheek.

He was hot under my touch.

A cough sounded from kitchen, and we both snapped our heads towards the sound. In the door stood Calvin. A grave expression was plastered across his face, and his arms were crossed across his chest.

I tried pushing away from Emanual with my hands on his chest, as tension filled the room. But his arms were locked tightly around my body, keeping me heated up. Red covered my face and neck, my skin started feeling burning hot.

"What are you doing here, Calvin?" His deep voice rumbled through his chest. As intimidating his tone was, Calvin barely seemed fazed. His face remained serious, while his jaw clenched and unclenched.

"I just came to make sure Kristen was okay." Calvin's eyes went to me. I froze under his gaze, holding it with my own.

"She's fine." Emanual pushed the words out of his gritted teeth. I nodded, agreeing with him, deeply wanting to get out of this tense and awkward situation. The intruder's gaze flickered back and forth between us, and his cheeks flammed. It didn't look like blushing of embarrassment, though. It was of pure anger. His temper confused me to the core, but I didn't inquire.

"Don't you need to sleep?" Calvin asked and raised an eyebrow. His hand was against the door frame, almost breaking the wood under his temperamental grasp. His voice was dark, unlike his normal voice. He sounded more like he had a monster in his stomach talking for him.

"Leave." Emanual's voiced boomed through the house. His arms left my body cold and alone, and he walked towards the door, which Calvin was filling.

The two big men seemed to get even larger, as they both puffed up their chests.

"Don't test me, Omega. If you keep interfering, I'll have you punished." I couldn't see Emanual's face, but Calvin's expression was very clear. His upper lip was slightly pulled back, revealing his glistening teeth. The eyes were different, though. A golden color encircled his pupils, the normal brown completely nonexistent. The lack of humanity in his gaze made me step back, when it flickered to me.

"She shouldn't be yours." Calvin lowly spoke, his stare redirected at Emanual. A thundering growl sprung from the lungs of the man I just shared a kiss with. I kept the air in my own lungs, holding my breath in sheer anxiety.

In less than a second, Calvin was pushed up against the wall. Emanual's hand was wrapped around his throat, his fingers digging into the veins. Calvin squirmed and flailed with his arms, but Emanual stood solid on the ground. He seemed utterly unbothered by Calvin's attempts so break out of his fatal grasp.

I wanted to scream at him to stop, that he was going to kill the man. But I stood frozen. My tongue didn't seem to work, and my feet were glued to the ground.

Calvin's hands gripped Emanual's, trying to get his hand off, while his eyes got more and more desperate.

With lips sealed shut, I watched the scene getting darker and darker. I felt stupid and helpless, but still didn't move a single finger. That was till someone stormed into the room. The woman's eyes went from confused to hard within seconds. Rushing over to the two men, Sarah grabbed Emanual's hand.

"You don't want to do this in front of her, Emanual. Trust me." Her voice was loud, but insecure. I couldn't see Emanual's face, though, I knew her words had went through his angry mind, as his entire body stilled.

It seemed like an hour had gone by till Calvin was finally dropped on the floor. With shaking legs, he tried to keep a straight posture, but his tired body failed him and he fell down on the wooden floor.

Sarah hauled the injured man up, helping him over to a chair.

"He crossed a line."

"Emanual, do-"

"He did. He has crossed several lines ever since she got here." Emanual interrupted Sarah, who was standing with crossed arms in front of Calvin.

"You're overreacting. He's just acting friendly, like I am. You're just freaking out because he's male!" Her voice got higher through her argument.

"His looks aren't so friendly." He growled and sent an evil glare to Calvin. He was still sitting down, gently rubbing his throat, as bruises started forming.

"Seriously. I get why you want to keep Kristen safe, but Calvin is far from a threat." Sarah grabbed Calvin's shoulder and shook him slightly.

"Look at him! You nearly killed him! And for what? Because you felt like he was overstepping a line." She pulled him up from the chair, leaving the room with Calvin limping behind her. The door slammed closed and the house was completely silent.

Exhaustion starting taking over my body, despite the dramatic scene that took place less than three minutes ago..

"I'm gonna go to bed," I told him. I longed for the feeling of being buried in soft duvets and pillows. My gaze rested on him, waiting for his head to nod, so I could go upstairs and pass out.

"Of course." Emanual's voice was gentle this time, in total contrast of his yelling a few moments ago. I realized I had watched this man trying to strangle someone not long ago, and still I didn't feel any fear towards him. He made me nervous, sure, but it didn't frighten me to watch him walk towards me. I didn't feel scared when he grabbed my hand in his, in fact a small ounce of happiness surged through me.

"It's okay, I can walk by myself." I told him, though I hoped he wouldn't listen. I told myself it was because I didn't trust myself to walk up the stairs, but I couldn't deny the wonderful warmth that ran through my body when he touched me.

"I know," a smile covered his pink lips, successfully turning my cheeks crimson red. His hand stayed around mine.

________________
I'm very sleepy so I'm just gonna quickly say that my exams are starting now so I'll probably won't have the time or energy to write. I really hope I will, but we'll see.

If you liked this chapter please vote and comment!!

Goal for this chapter: 11 votes and 2 comments xx

-very sleepy writer