Chapter Twenty-Six

Shoutout to the lovely @ashtonlirwin for making the new cover for Beloved!

Kristen's POV

Being a child, who had been ripped away from her parents was never easy. The feeling of being alone was something I had gotten used to. Being treated like I was less than others was normal. And waking up, feeling dreadful of what the day was gonna bring me, had become a habit. But never had I felt this alone and helpless.

Being in a state on the verge of consciousness, I didn't acknowledge much. I noticed how my body hurt. Especially the pulsing pain in my head, that had kept me from awakening before, was now ripping me away from unconsciousness. I cringed from the pain that rippled through my body.
I tried lifting my body from the cold ground but my limbs weren't obeying. Anxiety started growing in my stomach, like a little monster, squeezing my lungs and pushing tears up to my eyes. I felt fear wash over me in waves, as a realization hit me; something bad had happened. Finally, my body responded and I pushed myself up from the cold, concrete floor. Small sounds were leaving my throat while I worked my way up to a sitting position. 

The room wasn't special. Decoration was inexistent, only gray walls and concrete floor surrounded me. I slowly turned my head, scared of triggering another pounding headache. My sight was still blurry, but I focused as much as possible on finding a way out. Something other than dark walls. A cheap looking door was on the opposite side of the small room. The wood of the door seemed to have rotten around the edges and turned a darker color than the rest. After a long exhale, I raised to my legs and bit by bit walked towards the door. I wasn't surprised to find it unable to rock even an inch under my grip. I sighed and gently put my hand on the rotten area of the door. My fingers pushed against the wood, but it didn't move much, and surely not enough to be able to break from my simple human strength.

Another shaky breath left my mouth. Why did this happen? I tried my best to think back, but my memories only went as far as when I stepped out of the taxi. But I was unable to connect walking towards the land of Emanual's pack, and ending up in a dark room, locked away from my freedom. Were there guards that didn't know me and thought I was a threat? Wouldn't Emanual come if he heard they had locked away a human female? Or had I only been here for a couple of minutes? Tears welled up in my eyes as the questions rose in my head. I was stuck here, and I didn't even know why. 

* * *

I was roughly pulled out of my sleep by loud noises, muffled by the walls. I carefully lifted my torso from the cold floor and held my breath. Closing my eyes, I focused on my hearing, trying to pick up what was being said. 

"I can't believe I fucking trusted you. You're insane, how could you do this?" A familiar voice sounded behind the door, the words coming at a quick pace. Rambling, the rant continued, "Fuck you, I hate you!"

"Quiet down or it'll be a bigger dose." Another person said. I knitted my eyebrows at the conversation. Who could this be? Why did I recognize both voices? 

The dialogue quieted down and faded into small noises I couldn't distinguish what was. I sighed and rested my back against one of the colorless walls. Though I wanted to get out, that second person sounded terrifying and I hoped they wouldn't come into the room. In my anxious state, I'd rather stay in this room and die of starvation than be confronted by such a threatening character. 

More rustling sounded until I heard a door shut close, followed by complete silence. I wrapped my arms around my stomach as if trying to literally hold myself together. Tears welled up in my eyes while fear appeared in a matter of seconds. I was scared before, of course. Horrified, actually. But realizing that the possibility of me surviving this was small made it even worse, and tears started falling freely down my cheek and dripping down my collarbones. I had no idea who had taken me and locked me up, but it probably wasn't to do me good. My heart cramped together tight and filled up my throat, hurting with every tense beat. 

"Shit," I weakly whimpered to myself. The feeling of being completely alone joined in on the anxiety and started squeezing my guts hard. I didn't tell a soul back in the city of where I was going and I doubt anybody else knows where I am. I was helpless. 

* * *

My body jumped from it's slacked position when the door shook and clicked. I scooted as far away from the exit as possible. I didn't know what to do. I could either get ready for attack or stay still. There were no things to hide behind, and I ended up sitting close to the corner of the room, staring at the door as it opened.  

A hard look was on the familiar face as it came into sight. I simply gawked at Calvin as he stood in the doorway. He was returning my gaze, observing my position, which resembled a cowering, hurt animal. 

"So, how's the future Luna feeling?" He crossed his arms, while a smirk hit his lips. The amusement didn't go up to his eyes. 

"I-I..." I tried responding, but I didn't know what to say nor did my vocal cord work. My stuttering was returned with a chuckle and another step towards my small body. When he was standing right in front of me, towering over my shaking being, he bent his knees, till he was at eye height. My lower lip trembled and I avoided his sharp gaze at all cost. 

"Don't worry, baby. You'll still get to be a Luna when he's dead."

____________________________________________

jeez calvin ur so intense

yeps im back (finally) and i've kinda got my passion for writing back so maybe i'll be able to update more even though im super busy with school. 

we're getting closer to the ending (cries) but it's okay, i got a lot of other new ideas and i hope some of you will stick with me and check out some of my other stories when they come out! 

please remember to vote and comment if you enjoyed. I really love seeing comments from you guys <3

-Micah xx