Chapter 0: Author's Explanation

So, I wanted to clear some things before you all start reading. While you're not forced to read this, it may somewhat improve your reading experience. I'll just shortly explain what I'm writing, why, and then some things about the main character, Cormac Witold.

First of all, this story will contain lorebreaks. Don't like it? Don't read it.

So, I recently took up online roleplaying games. RP games are not RPGs. The two aren't the same thing, though they share the same name. RP games involve a lot of typing down your character's actions, and interacting with other people is essential. In most RP games that I play weapons do no harm, and are just props. RPGs, on the other hand, are the games like Fallout, Skyrim, DND, etc. Everyone got that? Okay, let's move on.

I've been playing a Star Wars roleplay for some time now, and my character in that roleplay is a Sith Lord named Cormac Witold. I started my character as a Sith Lord, and he's developed into so much more from that. So, I decided to give people some backstory about Cormac's earlier exploits as a Sith.

The Cormac that I play is evil, though, he isn't cruel. He's had years to grow up from the times presented in this book. He doesn't cause pain just for the sake of pain. He's cold, calculating, and manipulative. Cormac also loves his wife and daughter unconditionally. He has many traits that make him a difficult person to understand and predict.

The Cormac that I'll be writing about is not like that. He hasn't grown, he's just an angry adolescent. He is also evil, but he is a lot more evil. This Cormac is Cormac from years before, when he was full of hatred and rage, for the Jedi Order, and other stuff. He's a murderer, a thief, a rapist, a pirate, and many more awful things. This Cormac is a lot less nice than the one I play as.

Cormac was born on the forest planet Kashyyyk. As a child, his parents died, and he was raised by the Jedi in Coruscant. This story takes place in an alternate world in which both the Jedi and Sith recovered from the fall of Palpatine's Empire a lot quicker than one might think. So, in this, both groups have a distinct presence, often even on the same planets. After Cormac graduated as a Jedi Knight, he was seduced - yes, seduced - to the Dark Side by a Sith Lord called Darth Rehual. "Lord" in the Sith culture does not have a feminine form, but is used for both men and women who hold that rank. Ancient Sith Tradition that everyone knows of, but no one really speaks of, is that the Apprentice eventually either kills his/her Master, or dies trying, to prove that they are stronger than their Master, and that the Sith have become stronger again.

Okay, reasons, character, and lore is done. You can start reading now, knowing what you should expect.

Howewer, there is a treat here in the end. For those who want to check out the roleplaying game I mentioned earlier, or those who aren't familiar with RPing but are interested in getting started, here's the link to the game. You will need an account to the site to play it, because the Guest system doesn't allow usage of chat, which is essential to roleplaying in this manner. 

http://www.roblox.com/games/27428457/AWAKENING-STAR-WARS-RP-Patch-1-2-7

But please, follow the rules.

http://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=182159763

...I hope I'm allowed to do that. Meh, alea iacta est.

   If you did read this far and didn't just skip to the end, you're awesome. If you skipped to see if there's a treat in the end, shame on you!  

Have fun reading! And if you have any constructive criticism, I'm always looking to improve my writing skills. And I would appreciate it if you shared good ideas with me. Okay, thanks!