Chapter 10: Darth

Peace is a lie.

I felt the metal hilt in my hand. It was warm, I'd been holding it for a long time.

There is only passion.

I felt the fire in my head. The eternal heat that ate away all my doubts. The Dark Side.

Through passion I gain strength.

The fire made me stronger. The fire fed me, fueled me. Burned me.

Through strength I gain power.

No lightsaber could aid me here, the armor was too strong. Armor... metal armor.

Through power I gain victory.

He never saw it coming. Jolts of lightning racing through his body, making him scream.

Through victory my chains are broken.

I didn't stop. His agony was too beautiful.

The Force shall free me.

Life left his eyes, and filled mine. It felt good.

In the end, I'd expected the battle to be harder. It was the first large-scale conflict I'd taken part in. Lord Kokkus' dreadnought vessel had run into a Republic patrol fleet that sent a distress signal, which summoned more ships. The first time I'd ever helped the Republic since I abandoned it. They probably don't know I was there anyway.

I couldn't find Kokkus, but I definitely felt his presence. Chances are that he felt mine, too. I mean, I did cut through a lot of his soldiers to reach the command bridge. When I reached it, I found two younger Sith, mere acolytes, guarding its door. Fools. Their flawed Shii-Cho stood no chance against my mastery of Makashi, they fell within minutes.

But when I got past the final obstacle, there was no Sith to face... only a big hulk of a Nautolan, dressed in a suit of the finest Mandalorian armor. The kind that not even a lightsaber could pierce. I tried to fight him and his vibroblades, but it would take more than just a saber to take him down. I killed him slowly, he died screaming in horrific agony. Kokkus was unaware of my powers. For once I was glad that Rehual kept secrets from everyone.

There was nothing more I wanted from Kokkus' ship, so I made my way back to the hangar I'd landed in - after activating the self-destruct countdown, of course. I watched the explosion from a safe distance while my hyperdrive navigator calculated a safe route away from the Republic.

Little did I know...