Chapter Fifteen

I would like to thank Bobdog54 for helping with this chapter. Get better soon. You also may notice the change from using '' to "". There is a publisher who is interested in my novel and this is what they prefer. So, I am changing it. I will go back through and alter them when I can.

XXXXX

Gibbs sat in his car and watched as Tony and Derek played basketball. His chest tightened as he watched the two men laughing and teasing each other. He couldn't stop the feeling of jealousy. His eyes fell to his fidgeting hands. How did he think that they would work out?

Tony should be with someone younger and more charming. Why did anyone want to be with a miserable bastard like him? Just then, he looked up, and saw the very man he was thinking of staring back at him from across the court. His face lit up with happiness, it made him feel like he could do anything. Somehow, this amazing young man fell for him, even after knowing the good, the bad and the worst of him. Gibbs wanted to make sure that Tony would never regret that decision. There was no doubt that they would argue; they would fight, and then they would make up. He looked forward to spending the rest of his life with his soon-to-be lover. The world was already looking a brighter place.

XXXXX

Derek sat on the bench; he had seen Gibbs arrive to collect them. He'd assumed that was what it was and not that they were being spied on. The game had just finished and they were both thirsty. He passed a bottle of water across to Tony. Derek also knew that there was something else going on. He was hoping to find out what it was, he hated being in the dark about things.

"So are you going to tell me what's happened? I don't mean you getting jumped by blue eyes. I'm glad that you and Spencer decided to end things I would have hated to hurt you."

"Gee thanks for the pep talk." Tony ducked his head just before the profiler could hit him.

"So?" He wasn't going to be put off. Just like the others in his team, he was also concerned for Tony. He seemed to fit in with them straight away, and that he and Spencer just clicked helped things. Derek had to make sure that the other man was safe, as well as they could be. Tony's work colleagues would be the last people he trusted that too. Well, apart from Gibbs, but he really did have a personal reason. Their now, personal relationship would mean that the older man would go to more extreme means to protect Tony. Getting in help from outside was a perfect example. It was clear that Gibbs was a man who liked to keep things to himself, when he could. He wasn't going to let those personal hang-ups getting in the way of Tony's safety.

"There's no need to get violent. I've already talked to Hotch." Tony hated telling this story. The people he trusted to have his back were the ones waiting to put a knife in it.

"Hey man, take all the time you need."

"Thanks, well as you can guess it has to do with Ziva and McGee."

"I thought it might. I wasn't sure if Abby was a part of it. She definitely didn't like how close you and Penelope are. She'd better be careful; you know how I feel about my baby girl."

"I know and if I truly thought Lady Penelope was in any danger I would do something."

"Lady Penelope?" Derek asked, amused.

"We watched Thunderbirds, there's a character, blonde hair, wears pink, called Lady Penelope. I guess you could say she was an early Lara Croft."

"Okay, back to the story."

"First of all Gibbs and I talked to Abby. She's jealous of my new friendships. She now, I hope, understands I am not her toy. She definitely doesn't have anything to do with the problem at hand. As soon as she found out she came to Gibbs and me." Tony took a deep breath and started with the story.