Chapter 7

Tony walked with Hotch to the conference room where he would meet the others. Hotch finally stopped and looked at him.

'We appreciate you helping us Agent DiNozzo. We feel as if we are missing something. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.'

'Please call me Tony, Agent Hotchner. I hope I can be of some help to you. I'll do what I can anyway.' Tony paused for a moment. 'Thank you for taking the time to look at my assignments and give some constructive feedback. It helped more than you'll ever know.'

'Tony, please call me Hotch. We were all glad to take a look. For someone who hasn't studied profiling you definitely show natural ability. You never know, maybe in the future we can make Fornell happy and get you into the BAU.' Hotch grinned at him. 'Come on the others are waiting and probably interrogating Reid as we speak.'

Tony ducked his head and blushed slightly at the compliment, but followed Hotch to meet the others. As much as he hated it, he could see why Reid had been attracted to this man. He was good-looking, stylish, had a quick mind, and was very quick witted. He wanted to be able to dislike him, but he couldn't. No matter how much it hurt Hotch, he only wanted Reid to be happy; he just wished he could have been him to be the one to do that.

XXXXX

Reid looked up as the door opened and in walked Hotch and Tony. He smiled at his friend, but his gaze kept going to the man that he worked with.

'Tony.' Reid stood up, walked over and hugged him.

Derek turned to look at Penelope. This was not what they expected when they talked about who Tony DiNozzo was and what he looked like. They had made a deal that they couldn't check. All they had to go on was what Reid said, and the assignments they had looked at. They all had imagined someone more like Reid, and not this tall, strong, and athletically built man with classic good looks.

Dave stopped himself from laughing when Tony smiled at them, and everyone automatically smiled back. Penelope looked like she was going to create a puddle of drool. Even he was not immune to that smile. There was just something about it that made everything seem better, and that you would want to do anything to get to know this man better.

Derek shook his head at his baby girl. He'd bet that DiNozzo had got a lot of mileage out of that beaming grin, not only personally, but professionally as well.

'Ok, Tony let me introduce you to everyone. You already know Reid. Here we have Dave Rossi, JJ Jereau, Penelope Garcia, Emily Prentiss and Derek Morgan. Derek was a cop like you before he joined us.'

'Hi, I hope I can be of some help and thank you for all your suggestions on my assignment. It did make me look at some things in a different way.' Tony went around and shook each of their hands.

'Ok, let's get down to work. Here you go Tony, I'm afraid for the next couple of days or you are going to be doing is reading files.'

'Well, that is one thing that is the same in all agencies.' Tony settled down grabbed a pen and paper then he pulled the first file to him and started to read. His hand poised and ready to jot any thoughts or things that stood out. That is one thing being a cop had taught him, note down everything. When they talked about the cases, he would be the only one with a pen and pad in his hand taking notes.

XXXX

Gibbs sat and stared at the folder in front of him. His gaze kept going to that empty desk. It felt like it did when Tony was agent afloat. He felt as if he were losing him all over again, but this time for god. He growled as he looked at the time, there was still hours to go before he could actually leave. He stopped up and stomped off to the lift.