Chapter 10

Tony just stared at Gibbs. He couldn't believe what had just happened. That was when he noticed that the older man had become paler, and he realised that he hadn't said a word.

'Don't worry Jethro, I'm not going anywhere.' Tony had wanted to say more, but he couldn't. He had to talk to Spencer first. At least now he knew that Gibbs was, at the very least, attracted to him. There had to be more to it, his boss wouldn't do something like this for just a quick fuck.

'Oh good.' Gibbs started to breathe a little easier. He still had no idea what to do about these feelings he had for his senior field agent.

The two men just stared at each other. Tony couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face. His dreams, his heart's desire was sitting in front there after kissing him. He loved everything thing about the ex- gunny. The grey hair, blue eyes, attitude, that cool stare that made him hot, a little grin that made his heart pound. His coffee addiction, his boat and his bourbon. Tony loved everything that made Gibbs, well Gibbs.

All Gibbs wanted to do was to reach out and pull Tony into his arms. He just wanted to carry on kissing him. There was a rattle of his front door handle, both men turned. Then there was loud banging on the door. Gibbs had forgotten that he'd locked the door.

'Gibbs, Tony it's important.' Abby yelled.

Gibbs smiled at Tony and then stood. He walked over to the door and unlocked it. He frowned as soon as he saw Palmer. That meant that something was going on. Tony had come to the same conclusion as soon as he saw who it was.

'What's going on Abs?' Gibbs wanted to know. He knew that the two of them would only be here if it were something important.

'You're not going to like it.' Abby warned. 'Please don't take anything out on Jimmy.'

This was the second time tonight he had be warned he would like something. 'Why would I…'

'Tell us what's going on.' Tony interrupted and got them back on track, which was unusual for him. He was the one that usually went off onto something random to do with films.

Abby watched as her two favourite men sat next to each other on the sofa. They were sitting very close. They might be the investigators, but she noticed things as well. Something this evening had changed between them. Abby already knew that Tony was in love with Gibbs, did this mean that the feelings were reciprocated.

Palmer sat on a chair and Abby sat on the floor in front of Gibbs and Tony. Palmer played with his fingers for a moment and then looked up. Everyone just stared at him. He knew that he had to get on with telling them.

'Please don't say anything until I'm finished.' He stuttered out, Palmer wasn't sure he could finish otherwise.

'Okay Palmer.' Tony smiled at him.

That gave him the confidence to do this. He was doing it for his friend, and any victims who wouldn't get justice that was due to them because selfishness.

'Ziva and Tim came to see me.' Palmer started both Tony and Gibbs knew that they weren't going to like what was coming. 'They said that they didn't like how things had changed and how they wanted it to go back to how it used to be. They wanted Tony to be getting into trouble, and you and Vance supporting them and not him.'

'Tony…' Gibbs felt the waves of guilt crash over him again.

'Don't Jethro; we've already gone over this.' Tony slid his hand across the small gap that was between them and laced his fingers with Gibbs'.

Abby desperately wanted to turn around, but she wouldn't. It was clear that they were building something, and she was thrilled about that. The talk they had apparently gone well, and Tony now called him Jethro.