Chapter Two

You can find me on Facebook or Twitter as wereleopard58. I also have a Tibbs Facebook group. Come and join me, have a chat and some fun. Marlislash Gabs this chapter is for you, and you will know why lol

XXXXX

Abby knocked on Tony's door and bounced around on her toes as she waited for him to answer. She knew something had been going on. He rarely joked around, and he didn't come and see her often. Abby missed talking to him.

The door opened and Tony grinned at her. 'Thanks for coming Abs.' He moved back so she could walk in. Abby frowned as she noticed books and pieces of paper all over the coffee table and the floor.

'Tony what's going on?' She finally asked him.

'Before I tell you anything I need you to promise you won't mention this to anyone. I mean it and that especially means Gibbs, McGee or Ziva.' He held out his pinky for her to swear on.

She narrowed her eyes and she stared at him. Then she finally relented, the curiosity was getting the better of her. 'I promise.' Abby linked her pinky with his and they shook. 'So?'

'I was getting tired of the constant put downs about my personality, my work history, my education by McGee and Ziva. You name it they said something about. I'm tired of feeling not good enough. I know I am I'm a brilliant investigator. I just needed to do something for me.'

Abby wanted to argue the point that they don't do things like that, but she couldn't. She could remember numerous occasions when they said or joked about something. 'So you are studying?'

'I'm doing a course on criminal profiling. It does a lot more than that. I was at a seminar and the guest speaker was Dr Spencer Reid.'

'The guy from the F.B.I?' Abby had heard about him. She had read some of the stuff he had written.

'Yeah, we got talking after the seminar and he knew one of the professors. I explained what I did, and how we don't have much spare time. Spencer got it straight away. She also understood. She made sure I was in her tutor group. So far I've been getting excellent marks. I am learning so much.'

'That's brilliant Tony.' Then she hit him on the shoulder. 'You've done assignments as in more than one and you're only telling me now.'

'I didn't want to cause any problems between you and McGee.'

'There is no me and McGee. You're also one of my closest and oldest friends at NCIS. Next time you do something like this you tell me straight away.' Abby ordered him.

'I promise there was a reason I called you here.'

'You're stuck on something.'

Tony grinned that bright smile of his. 'Yes, I want you to explain it to me so that I understand it.'

'I can do that let's get started.' Abby hopped over to the coffee table and dropped down onto the floor next to it.

XXXXX

'No, I understand. Thanks for last night. I know it was late.' Tony said flirtily into his cell as he dropped his bag under his desk. He turned around and saw Gibbs, McGee and Ziva stared at him. 'Well, I'm at work. Yeah, they are, you too. I'll talk to you later.'

'So Tony are you dating someone?' Ziva asked.

Gibbs glared at her and then back over at Tony. There had been something different about Tony, did that mean that this new woman was someone special. He didn't like that, not at all.

'My personal life is not something we should discuss at work.' He told her politely and turned on his computer.

Ziva frowned, and opened her mouth to say something else when she saw Gibbs glare at her. She sniffed, spun around and stomped back to her own desk.

XXXXX

Spencer walked through the BAU, his cell at his ear and noticed his work colleagues look at him. 'Are they staring at you?' He asked Tony. 'Yep, me as well, I'll catch you later.' Spencer blushed as they continued to watch him

Derek smirked at the younger man. 'So, are you finally getting some?'

'No I'm not, and he's a friend.' Spencer mumbled as he dropped his bag down and then walked back out of the room nearly falling over his own feet.

'Where are you going lover boy?' Derek called out.

'I uhhhh need some coffee.'

XXXXX

McGee headed down to the lab to see Abby. In the last couple of months, so many things had changed and he didn't like it. Tony was the biggest change of all. He didn't joke, or make smart aleck comments back to them. If it wasn't case related he barely said two words. The only people he did talk to was that mysterious person on the phone. Yes, he was tempted to find out who that was, but he hadn't, yet. Tony also had become really close with Abby and Palmer. McGee had seen them go out for lunch on numerous occasions, and they talked a lot in the lab. If he, Ziva, or Gibbs walked in the conversation would stop.

'Hey Abby.' McGee smiled as he walked over to her. He was glad to see that she was alone. He wanted to see what was going on, she didn't treat him like she used to.

'Oh, hi Tim.' Abby found it really hard to forgive McGee for how he treated Tony. She wasn't up there with them all the time, but she did talk with Balboa. That was when she found out how horrible they were at times. Tony liked to joke, but he was never cruel. If it hadn't been for him, Tim probably wouldn't be in Gibbs team.

'I was wondering if you were busy tonight, I thought we could do something?'

'I'm sorry, but I have plans.' Abby's computer beeped before he could say anything else.

McGee waited for a moment longer to see if he could talk to her more, but the elevator door opened and in walked Gibbs.

XXXXX

It was lunch time and Spencer was reading through Tony's assignment, before it was sent off. He loved seeing how far Tony and come. It was definitely a natural talent he had.

Hotch walked past Spencer and stopped as he read over his shoulder. 'What are you doing?'

Spencer grinned up at him. 'Tony, a friend, he's taking a course on criminal profiling and behavioural studies. This is his assignment. He likes me to read through to make sure he understood it correctly.'

'And has he?' Hotch asked.

'He always does.'

'Well, print it out, and let's take a look.'

'Oh, I don't know if I should.'

'Should what?' Emily joined in the conversation.

'Spencer has a friend who's doing a behavioural course. He is looking through the assignment.'

'Sounds good to me.' Derek added.

Spencer sighed, and printed out enough copies for the team. It would be good for Tony if the feedback was useful. That didn't mean Tony wouldn't kill him anyway.

XXXXX

'You did what?' Tony rubbed his forehead. He felt weird about just sending it to Spencer, and now his whole BAU team had seen his assignment.

'They thought it was brilliant Tony. They all agree you have a natural talent. I put all the suggestions that came up in the email.'

'Fine.' Tony couldn't help but smile. It did make him feel a lot better. Here were people that did profiling for a living, and they had no idea who he was. 'A natural talent huh?'

'Yes Tony,' Spencer paused for a moment. 'So uhhhh, I'm not working this weekend, and was wondering if you wanted to go out, with me, on a date I mean.'

TBC