3 - Oh, It Is Love

Two weeks later.

The first time Niall sees it is when Harry is lying on the bed naked sprawled on his stomache.

Niall had grown used to seeing Harry naked. It took some getting used to since Niall didn't want to stifle the hybrid's freedom so to acquiesce the blonde, Harry would on occasionally don some briefs.

The blue-eyed lad noticed the boy didn't have a tail like most feline hybrids but he knew better than to question it.

Right below Harry's spine, just above his bum was a small horizontal light pink scar. It was thin and fading. It wasn't jagged like an accident but very clean as if he had some kind of operation.

"Harry...?" Niall walked over to the bed and pulled up the white sheet to cover Harry's bare bum modestly.

"Niall?" The boy turned over to sleepily gaze at the blonde.

"Hi."

"You're not at work?" Harry asked, his voice husky and gruff from sleep.

"No, I just went to pick up so groceries. It's my day off."

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Harry's shoulders slump.

He was a little hurt that Niall had left him behind even though it was such a small thing. Was Niall angry at him? Had he done something wrong? Had Niall grown sick of him?

"You looked so peaceful. Didn't want 'ta wake you." Niall half-smiles as he reaches to tickle the tip of Harry's kitten ear.

"Oh." Harry simply replied nuzzling against Niall's hand.

"Can I ask you something? It's okay if you don't answer..."

Harry nodded and climbed into Niall's lap. The blonde blushed crimson at the naked boy in his lap. Harry proceeded to making himself as comfortable as he could.

"W-Why don't you have a tail? Like a cat tail?" Niall questioned.

"My owner didn't like it so it was removed." Harry answered.

"Didn't that hurt? I thought that gave cat's their balance or something?"

Niall's calloused fingers came to brush the small scar giving Harry the tingles all over his body. It was something so small that had such a reaction but Harry had to control himself. Niall wouldn't think it was cute if he popped a boner while having such a moment.

"Don't remember. It's been a long time anyway. Do you like my ears Niall?" The curly-haired boy questions sincerely.

"Yes. I like them quite a bit." Niall answers shyly.

Harry looks into Niall's gorgeous blue eyes and he almost says it, almost declares his irrational love for the blonde but he bites his tongue and settles for nuzzling at Niall.

"How about some food?" The blue-eyed boy suggests.

"Okay. Can I cook breakfast for you?" Harry asks.

He loves doing things for Niall although the blonde usually does things himself.

"Are you sure? Besides, it's just past lunch time actually."

Harry nods enthusiastically and gets up to find a pair of boxers before Niall changes his mind.

The blonde knows how much Harry likes to do things for him. He just doesn't know why. Maybe Harry wants to thank him for taking him in and all. It seems like the only plausible reason.

Besides cooking there are all the little things that Harry does. Like make his bed every day, clean the flat from floor to ceiling and then there's the fact that Harry will sleep wherever Niall is.