6 - I Wanna Be Your Left Hand Man

In the four months Niall and Harry have been living together, things between them have shifted into this way of life that is natural and happier than either one of them can remember since before they've met.

Harry fits into his Niall's life perfectly.

All of Harry's money is deposited in Niall's bank account with the exception that Harry carries Niall's debit card since the money truly belonged to him. Still, sly Harry always found ways of slipping it into Niall's wallet unnoticed.

Harry constantly tries to buy Niall various things but the blonde flushes and refuses everytime. Harry couldn't understand why Niall didn't want to spend the money. Niall is supporting Harry with the little money that he makes. Harry just wants Niall to be happy and perhaps feel less like a burden. Still Niall says no to the fancy car and the guitar he's been drooling over in the music shop window.

The only thing Niall has let Harry splurge on is a new bed, something for the both of them. He was finally able to throw out the shabby mattress and replace it with something worthy of the title 'bed'.

Niall and Harry take a trip to a furniture store to check out beds with Harry deeming it necessary to lie down in every single bed with Niall to test them out.

They look at soft beds, firm beds, and end up settling on a beautifully framed full size bed with memory gel in the mattress and a goregous cream canopy that drapes atop it.

"Niall, you don't want a king sized bed?" Harry questioned while they payed for their new bed upfront.

"Why do we a need a big thing like that anyway? You're so skinny, you hardly take up space." Niall teases, his finger tips tickling the inside of Harry's palm.

Harry grins and kisses Niall on the temple.

The cashier gives them their receipt letting them know that their brand new bed will be delivered the next morning.

On their way home, the pair is simply walking on air. They hold hands and swing them obnoxiously as if they want the whole world to know that they're in love. Harry can't stop looking at Niall and Niall can't stop blushing.

Even though they've been together for months, their love feels new. Public displays of affection make them blush. Whispered I love you's make them both giddy.

Their love may not be the red-hot, steamy type but there's a passion that they only show each other. A passion that Niall hasn't fully given himself away to.

They pick up fish and chips from a vendor to eat at home and Niall is hit with a wave of nostalgia remembering always having to eat alone. He's not longing for that life. He'd been so lonely but he hadn't deemed it necessary finding anybody. He has two jobs and an apartment he could barely pay for. Who would that attract? A beautiful homeless hybrid, he supposes with a small smile.

In their cozy apartment, Niall plugs in his iPod letting the space fill with the mellow but romantic sounds of John Mayer.

They settle on the couch eating dinner, feeding each other and chatting happily.

"It's been about three years since I've had a proper bed." Niall says, dipping three chips in ketchup before shoveling them into his mouth.

"Is that how long you've been here?" Harry questions peeling the fried part of the fish to simply eat the inside.

"Yeah. I always figure it could be worse. I'm not starving. I'm not homeless. So that's a plus." Niall shrugs.

Harry sags a bit. He's understands the silver lining Niall speaks of but it's unfair. Its unfair for someone to work so hard for so little. It pains him to see Niall struggle.