fourteen

"Don't go yet," I say groggily as Tobias starts to roll out of bed. He ended up staying in my room last night after we watched The Death Cure.

"Ok," he says. "Five more minutes."

He rolls back over to me, and he envelopes his arms around my torso, pulling me closer to him. I just lay there in his arms, not asleep but not awake either.

A few minutes pass, and this time when he starts to get up, I follow him. He puts on his shoes, and then I kiss him goodbye.

He starts to walk away, but then comes back.

"Oh, yeah. What do you want to do for your birthday next week?"

"Dave and Busters!" I say and laugh.

"Dave and Busters it is," he says and kisses my forehead before he walks away again. I close the door, and then go to the bathroom to take a shower.

After a 25 minute shower, I dry off and put on a backless gray maxi dress with a slit on the left side of the skirt, white low top converse, a gold watch, a bunch of gold rings, and a long gold necklace with a hexagonal gem on it. I put on foundation, concealer, shimmery eye shadow, blush, and nude/pink-ish lipstick. I blow dry my hair and curl it with a 25 millimeter wand.

I grab a paper bowl, Honey Nut Cheerios, and a half gallon of milk from my mini fridge. I make a bowl of cereal and the eat it.

For the next few hours, I just sit around watching Netflix and doing homework.

My phone makes a bell sound, and I realize I got a text from Ashley.

Ashley- hey, wanna go get some lunch? I'm craving in-n-out!🍔🍟😍

Me- ya, that's fine. Meet you downstairs in 5?

Ashley- coolio, see ya

Me- bye

I grab my big purse from my bed, put my Ray Ban sunglasses on top of my head, and put my ID badge with my keys around my neck. As I'm doing that, I call out to Kim.

"Hey, Kim! Wanna get some lunch at
In-n-Out?"

"Noooo," I barely hear from the other side of the wall. She's probably nursing a hangover, that girl.

"Want me to bring a burger and milkshake back?" I call out again.

"Yessss," she answers.

"Kay, I'll be back later!" I walk out the door and towards the elevator. In-n-Out isn't too far from the dorms, so we can walk. I reach the lobby place downstairs and see Ashley texting near the front doors.

We find ourselves standing in the back of a really long line when we get there. Seriously though, I'm pretty sure everyone and their brother and sister were there at that time.
𖥍  𖥍  𖥍  𖥍  𖥍  𖥍
I get back to my room around one, and find Kim up and about.

"Today's my cleaning day, but I really just don't feel like it," she stated, sitting down at her desk.

"I have the perfect cure for that," I respond, handing her the chocolate milkshake and the paper bag with a hamburger and fries in it.

"Oh my god, you are literally the best person ever."

"I know."

She rolls her eyes and starts chowing down on her fries.

"This is so good. But it's why I'm so fat."

"Come on," I reply, "you are not fat."