thirty-five

Tobias and I made it to Cancún yesterday around midnight their time, which is really ten pm Arizona time. I am so excited for this week!

Last night after we checked in, we explored the hotel a little and ran around just checking things out. We were up until like two am and it's eight in the morning now so we're both exhausted.

The two of us decided that today, our first day here, we'd explore a little, so we searched around online and found a trail that led to a lake with a waterfall. I am really excited for this.

I thought I liked the weather in Arizona, but here it's amazing. It's hot and a little humid, and I'm fine because my hair isn't affected much by humidity, fortunately. Sure, even though it's still frizzy as heck, it's not as bad as you'd think.

Tobias's hair on the other hand, not so much. His hair isn't even that curly or anything, it's just super thick, even thicker than mine, and I have pretty thick hair. I have absolute no idea why his hair is so bad, it just is. He keeps having to pat it down and running his fingers through it.

When I get out of bed, I brush my teeth and then put on a white bikini top, a blue patterned bikini bottom, black running shorts, a white PINK shirt and black Nike tennis shoes. I put in my contacts and then put on foundation, mascara, and deodorant. I'm not going out there not wearing any makeup but I also won't go out there with too much, not to go hiking.

Tobias still isn't awake yet, so when I finish getting ready I walk out of the bathroom and over to the king sized bed where he's sleeping soundly. He's sleeping on his back, so I straddle him, and then lean forward, running my fingers through his hair as I kiss him. His eyes slowly open after a few seconds and a smile appears on his face as soon as they do.

"Good morning!" I cheerfully say as my hands go from his hair to his face and I kiss him again.

"Good morning." His arms wrap around my waist to make it so that I'm just laying on top of him instead of straddling him.

"How'd you sleep?" I ask.

"Fantastic." He smiles and then kisses me once more.

"Come on, get up, we have to get breakfast, and then we have a hike to go on," I tell him, sitting up so I'm straddling him again. He sits up too, propping himself up on his elbows.

"Do we have to?" He whines and I nod my head. "Why can't we just stay in bed all day?"

"Tobias, how often are we going to be in Mexico? We can stay in bed any day back home. Let's go explore."

"Fine," he gives in, sitting all the way up and I snake my arms around his neck. He rolls us over so he's on top of me and kisses my nose before getting up.

"Don't take too long," I call, a big smile on my face. I grab my phone from the nightstand and start playing Best Fiends.

He does as I say and doesn't end up taking much time. We then go downstairs to get breakfast and head off to the lake after we eat.

It takes about a half an hour to drive to the start of the trail, and another half an hour to reach the waterfall. It is so beautiful.

There's a bunch of people here, kids, teens, and adults. Tobias and I find an unoccupied space to put our bags down and I take a huge drink of water from my hydroflask. It is really hot here, and I live part time in Arizona. I take off my shirt, shorts, sneakers and socks and Tobias does the same, but he keeps his shorts on because they're his swim trunks.

We stand a few feet from the edge of the lake, ready to run and jump in.

"Ready?" Tobias asks.

"Yeah," I murmur back.

"Okay, one, two, three!" he yells and we run and jump into the lake.

"Ah! Cold, cold, cold, cold!" I shriek and swim back over to the edge of the lake and climb out. I run over to where our stuff is and grab my towel out of my bag. I wrap it around myself to dry off and Tobias does the same with his own towel. We dry quickly because of how hot it is. Tobias runs his fingers through his hair in an attempt to tame it after it air dried and I stifle a giggle.

"Is this funny?" He playfully asks, pointing to his hair.

"A little," I admit with a laugh.

"You know what I think would be funny?" He takes a couple step to towards me and I smirk up at him.

"What?"

"This." He picks me up bridal style and runs over to the lake, jumping in without hesitation. I squeal, and brace myself for the ice cold water. Somehow, it's not as cold as I remember, and as soon as I emerge into the water, I don't feel the need to get right back out of it. It's actually refreshing. I teasingly splash him when I swim to the surface and Tobias laughs. He swims over to me and I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck as he puts his arms around my waist.

"I love you," he says and kisses me.

"And I love you," I reply, smiling.
♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛

It's now the fourth night of our trip, and Tobias and I are just finishing up dinner at this amazing restaurant that's right on the beach

It's now the fourth night of our trip, and Tobias and I are just finishing up dinner at this amazing restaurant that's right on the beach. Literally, our table and chairs are on top of sand 20 feet away from where the waves are rolling in. There's a band playing, and the music sounds wonderful.

Tobias gets up from his chair and takes a few steps over to where I'm sitting.

He holds his hand out to me and says, "Would you like to dance?"

I hold a finger to my lips, pretending to be deciding whether I should or not dance with him. "Yes," I finally answer, a smile growing on both of our faces. Tobias grabs my hands and pulls me up so I'm standing. Then we walk over to where other couples are slow dancing. He puts his hand on my waist as he grabs my hand and laces our fingers and I loop my arm around his shoulder and put my hand on his shoulder.

We start swaying to the music along with other couples and every once in awhile, Tobias spins me around which makes me laugh. He does it again, and my maxi dress flares out as I spin. When Tobias brings me back in, I rest my head on his chest so I can hear his heartbeat and he kisses the top of my head.
▻ ▻ ▻ ▻ ▻
A/N: hellooo!😬 sorry this took so long... damn I've been saying that pretty much every chapter now... c'mon Anna get ur life together!😂🤗 Anyway, I saw Underworld: Awakening the other day, and you guys know me, the only reason I wanted to watch it in the first place is bc Theo is in it obvi💁🏻😂 but it was really good so... and earlier that day I had my first club volleyball tourney and my team did ok, we went 2-2 in pool play, made into the top bracket, and bc we were the bottom 8 seed we had to play the 1 seed and we lost...😭 it's ok though, I played the entire time and my coach said that's how it should be so...🙂
Ily guys💘💘💘
-Аɴɴɑ🌮🌅🍔💕🎇🥞😈💋🐻🦋🌈💥