I Know Who You Are

Recap:

Right before the bell rang I turned to face Jace and asked him a question, “How did you know that I had the same class as you for the last period?”

He looked at me with a smile that reached his eyes with a touch of mystery in them, “easy, I saw your time-table when showing you to your class and it’s not easy to forget which period you have Mr. Windex as your teacher.”

“What Mr. Windex really? Why?”

“Oh you’ll see,” he winked and then walked off and entered a class across the hall.

Chapter 8:

                Turns out Jace was right, Mr. Windex was very hard to forget. I mean besides the fact that his name is a window cleaning brand he was overall just kind of pathetic. He was a scrawny man probably in his late 40’s or early 50’s. He has the type of glasses you tends to find the stereotype nerd wearing. You know, the ones that wear quateroids and overalls with the tucked in shirt and a major overbite so their front teeth stick forward. He was an entertaining character, he spoke words none of us have heard of before. I mean no one I have ever known –minus maybe some screenwriters- knows what the word words like abishag, conquassate, drapetomania, exsibiliate, gressible, lethonomia, logogogue, molybdomancy, ranarium, squidgereen are. (A/N defenitions to these words are at the bottom)

                He was also very clumsy and overall he had me and Jace laughing hysterically the whole time. At least we were sitting at the back. Anyone else caught doing the same thing would look like feakin’ idiots but you see, Jace happens to be the hottest guy to ever walk these hallways and me, well I am a Hollywood f***ing billionaire in disguise as a normal teen so lets just say I’m sexy as hell. Not to be cocky or anything. Some guy named Jones even volunteered to carry my books to Mr. Windex class and then after the class had finished he brought them to my locker.

                Now me and Kayla are sitting in her room, she still lived with her mother and father, Jace had only moved out because they insisted he become more responsible. Even if they continued to live in the same building Jace lived on the top floor available to guests and Kayla and her parents took the whole top, top floor of the building. It’s unreachable from the elevator unless you have a special key. Jace still had said key so he could still visit his family and come and go as he pleased.

                “Does he know?” Kayla asked out of the blue. We had been doing our nails and giving each other makeovers.

                I turned to face her startled by her question, “What?”

                “Come on give up the act, I know who you are,” Kayla said while continuing to paint her nails each a different color.

                “Uh, Um . . . I have no idea what you are talking about,” I replied trying to keep my cool  but failing miserably. How could she know? She must think I’m someone else she can’t possibly know I’m Ashley Turner, even Jace doesn’t know and he has been around me all weekend.

                “Chill out Ash . . . or should I say, Ashley Turner?” She said my full name with a mysterious smirk on her face.

                I gasped, “What? How do you know who I am?”

                “I was and still am, might I add, Obsessed with Ashley Turner. I had every single part of her memorized. You were my idol for the longest time ever and I can’t believe I am meeting you in person while you sit on my bed doing our nails like OMG!”she squealed before calming down, “I knew it was you from the moment I saw you. What are you doing in Canada? Aren’t you supposed to be filming ‘Convicted Futures’?”

I continued on to tell her the story of why I am here. I figured that as long as she had already known who I was my father couldn’t really be mad at me. It also felt nice being able to relieve myself of all my secrets to her. She just sat there and listened to my ranting with deep curiosity and interest. I didn’t know why but – like Jace – I felt as if I could trust her.

                So that was why I was confiding in her to keep my secrets.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Comment,

Vote,

Fan!

abishag (n.) - the child of a woman and a married man who's not her husband

conquassate (v.) - to shake violently

drapetomania (n.) - intense desire to run away from home

exsibiliate (v.) - to reject with a hissing sound

gressible (adj.) - able to walk

lethonomia (n.) - a tendency to forget names

logogogue (n.) - word authority, language expert

molybdomancy (n.) - fortunetelling by dropping molten lead on water

ranarium (n.) - a frog farm

squidgereen (n.) - a short, insignificant person

Whoever can use the most of these words in their comment gets the next chapter dedicated to you!

I will be uploading again today!