Goal In Both Senses

Recap:

“Chill out Ash . . . or should I say, Ashley Turner?” She said my full name with a mysterious smirk on her face.

                I gasped, “What? How do you know who I am?”

                “I was and still am, might I add, Obsessed with Ashley Turner. I had every single part of her memorized. You were my idol for the longest time ever and I can’t believe I am meeting you in person while you sit on my bed doing our nails like OMG!” she squealed before calming down, “I knew it was you from the moment I saw you. What are you doing in Canada? Aren’t you supposed to be filming ‘Convicted Futures’?”

I continued on to tell her the story of why I am here. I figured that as long as she had already known who I was my father couldn’t really be mad at me. It also felt nice being able to relieve myself of all my secrets to her. She just sat there and listened to my ranting with deep curiosity and interest. I didn’t know why but – like Jace – I felt as if I could trust her.

                So that was why I was confiding in her to keep my secrets.

Chapter 9:

                I was in no rush to leave Kayla’s room because Jace was watching a Hockey game and would be too busy to do much of anything. But Kayla eventually needed to do her homework for the next day and I agree that the same goes for me.

                Jace had given me an extra key card thingy for his apartment and I let myself in. Sure enough there he was, sitting on the sofa with the wide-screen TV on and the volume up real high. Between the morning alarms and the way he listens to music in his car and the volume level on his TV, I wonder how he isn’t death yet.

                “Hey,” I said.

                He didn’t even look up just continued staring blankly at the screen, he patted the couth beside him, “hey sit down and watch the game with me.”

                I debated it for a second but eventually complied because let’s face it I had nothing better to do. “Sure,” I said while sitting down, “So who’s face-ing off who?”

                “Toronto Maple Leafs against Pittsburgh Penguins.” He stated nonchalantly.

                “Who’s winning?” I asked trying to decipher which team was which.

                “2:3 Pittsburgh.”

                I looked at him confused, “Does that mean that Pittsburgh’s winning or losing?”

                “Winning.”

                I nodded then looked back up to the screen. I tried to zone into what was happening but I knew almost nothing about the sport hockey. All I knew about it, I had learned while filming ‘Face Time’ it was one of my less successful films meaning it only won one Grammy. I played the role of the first female on the contact hockey sports team in a town were men pretty much dominated. It’s also safe to say that I dated every one of my male co-stars from that movie. All hot and fit hockey stars.

                I noticed Jace lean forward seeming anxious. I tried to figure out what exactly he was anticipating but all he did was continue to stare at the screen. His expression was no longer a blank one but one of excitation and amusement.

                I must have missed some important while studying Jace’s expression because next thing I know Jace  leaped up and pumped his fists in the air screaming, “HE SHOOTS, HE SCORES . . . GOAL!!!!!”

                He then turned to me, wrapped his arms around him and then pulled me close and crashed his lips against mine. I was too shocked to respond at first but then gave in and replied to his kiss. It was so nice and he knew exactly what to do as well as I did. It was obvious we both were ever experienced. But even with my wide variety of kisses and men I have made-out with and gone all the way with. This one kiss just toped them all off and blew them away. I don’t know why but this one little kiss of pure joy was better than any naked man in my bed, closet, kitchen counter, boys washroom stall . . .

                We eventually broke away only to look in each other eyes. I went up onto my tip toes and then kissed him once more. He groaned slightly and replied with passion. This kiss was even better than the last but we eventually broke apart.

                “Well, Hello there Ash,” Jace said humorously while breaking the oh-so powerful silenced that had encircled us.

                “Hi,” I replied shyly but then scowled myself for acting so unusual around him.

                “Ok I have something to ask you and after that,” he said referring to the little intimate moment that had recently happened, “I just can’t wait to ask you.”

                I nodded, “what is it?”

                “Ok, even though I have only known you for a few days, I feel this attraction to you that I just can’t explain  . . . I was just wondering – sort of – if you’d like to be my girlfriend. I want to be able to take you out this weekend or some night this week. Maybe out to dinner this week sometime and then to Canada’s Wonderland on Saturday.”

                I smiled, “I’d love to be your girlfriend and even though I just met you I like you too.”

I know it kind of happened fast and my chapter ( in my opinion) have sucked lately.

If you have any ideas I’d love to include them in this story!

Comment,

Vote

Fan!!!!