Chapter Five: Family Is Important

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
He sighed, his focus still on the road, "Because I know how it feels to not have real parents."

My first reaction was how did he know. Was I that obvious? Am I an open book that anyone can easily read? How-

Then another thought hit me...

...He didn't have parents either?

"I know how it feels to be asked about your late parents." He continued, "It makes you feel... Uncomfortable or as if it's none of their business, even though they are their relatives that were even closer than you were to your dead parents.

"It pisses me off when they're like, 'You act like this because you're parents are dead.' They-"

"-act as if it's your fault that you don't have parents to guide you." I finished off his sentence.

"Yup. That's what Jill does. She blames everything on an innocent victim." He sighed, stopping in front of a house.

"Grayson, this isn't my house."

"It's mine, Winters." He said, "Just thought you wanted to hang out for a bit?" He said, unsure if it was a question or a statement.

"You're really socially awkward." I commented.

"Can't blame me." He shrugged, "I can never really tell if anything is awkward or not."

I smiled as he led me to the front of his house, and opened the door, revealing a home that wasn't how I expected it to look like. It was clean and well-kept, something like my house but he had an even better view of the city and his home was even more cleaner, if that's even possible. He had a kitchen island which led to the kitchen and had three stools to sit on. If you were to turn to the left side, you could have a perfect view of the city lights.

His living room was black and white with a fifty-inch tv to accompany with the furniture. Just like my house, there are no pictures of family, just pictures of what I'm assuming is him as a kid with his friends.

"Your house is nice." I commented, sitting on one of the bar stools.

"Thanks." He said, looking at me for a bit before looking out to the view, "Can I ask you a question?" I nodded in response, "How did you're parents... Past?"

I looked up, only to meet his eyes, "S-Sorry. I shouldn't have-" He stuttered.

"They committed suicide." I said simply, "It was something like Romeo and Juliet, and how they died. Just like Romeo and Juliet, they were really in love but instead of their parents having a huge feud, they actually enjoyed each other's company. Soon after getting married, they had me. When I was eight, my mom and dad had a huge fight leading my mom to storm out, causing my dad to freak out and long story short they both died. I have a brother but he doesn't know who I am or even that I'm alive at all.

"Kendall's mom found me inside my home, reading a book that my mom got me, on the couch. She asked where my parents were and I told them upstairs. My dad told me not to come into their room a few hours earlier, so I respected what my father said. Kendall was with me when Kendall's mom found out that they were both dead. She called the ambulance and such and such happened. At the time, I didn't know what was happening. It was only two days later that I realized they were gone. I was adopted by the Barrow's and I got my own house a few months ago when I turned eighteen.

"They treat me as family, but sometimes I tell them not to. I told them to continue to think of me as a friend of Kendall. However, that didn't stop them from telling me to call Kendall's mom, 'Mom.'" I said, realizing that tears were streaming down my face.