Chapter Forty Five: Lion! Lion is Here! Lion Roar!

•.•.Grayson's POV•.•
I drove silently to the cemetery in the gray suit that Max had gifted me before he decided to jump in front of the bullet that wasn't aimed at him. It was one of the last things that he had given to me. At first I didn't understand why he was giving me a suit, especially one with the color I hated most. I thought that he was just screwing with me, but now I knew the reason for the suit. He knew that I'd be wearing this to his burial.

And he was correct.

I know it's not the most appropriate to wear a gray suit to a burial of your deceased brother, but who give a shit?

I remember how Max hated being conventional.

He wanted to stand out and be himself. He wanted to be different from what most would think of a businessman's son. Because of that, father didn't want to make him in charge of the drug portion of his company. He knew that if he made Max involved in that part of the company, he'd make it his own and change the whole aspect of it before he could make his own deal with the clients.

I never understood what my father saw in that secret portion of the company. I never understand the aspect of it especially in the position he was in as a person in the public eye and I don't think I ever will.

I slowly drove up the hill to the service, wanting to stall time before I had to walk to where the coffin sat. Everyone was already there, waiting for my arrival. They were waiting for this whole thing to begin, and to be honest, I knew that no one wanted this to begin.

I stepped out of the car, slamming and locking the door behind me before trudging to the site. The feeling of anxiety, sadness, and other emotions filled my senses and from then on, everything went so fast. The priest spoke, words were said, then next thing I know I'm standing in front of the small crowd that gathered together to see Max for the last time before he is buried.

I looked among the crowd, finding comfort in Bailey's eye contact. She wears a black dress, hugging her figure with her hair put up in an updo hairstyle. I see that she is sat between Parker and Bennett with head leaned against Parker's shoulder. She has tears streaming down her face as does the two boys beside her, but they hide their red eyes and puffy cheeks behind sunglasses.

Returning my attention towards the crowd, I realize just how silent it was. Closing my eyes, I take a deep breathe before opening them and speaking, "Maxwell Riley Harrison-Watts." I breathe out as I speak my sibling's name, "A name I have known since I was able to comprehend what a sibling was. He was a brother, a friend and an enemy all of my life. We'd fight over the littlest things even now as he was an adult and I as a senior in high school, but what sibling doesn't have their fights. I... I hated him for the longest time. I used to think that Max was a shit brother because of how he just didn't have time for me, but now that I have had time to think about it, I was lucky in the sibling department. He encouraged me whenever my father didn't. He helped me up when I fell down. Max has done so much, but yet I never said thank you. He gave me so much, and I gave so little to him... Since the day he passed, I've realized just how much he meant to me and how much he didn't know before he went. I regret not telling him this when he was breathing and I hope that wherever he is now, he knows that I will never forget his deeds. His memory will forever live on and I hope he is at peace. As he gets buried right next to our mother, the last message I could say before he is out of sight forever is that I love you and I'll see you later, Max." I take one last look at my older brothers body before the coffin closes. I blanked out for the rest of the service. It wasn't until I was in my room the next day, lying on my bed with my head pounding, that I could kind of recall the day before.