Chapter Twelve: Landon Gray Harrison

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
"No... Delete. Delete. Delete." I muttered to myself.

For the past week, I've been alone at home, not bothering to go to school. I told myself each day of the week, 'I'll go to school tomorrow,' but never kept that promise. I've been working on a paper that's due at the end of the year to my Lit class and I could write whatever I wanted, but it had to be three pages long and we have to use the font size twelve throughout the whole thing. To add to that, we have to present it to the class.

I was at home for one reason an one reason only. I couldn't face Grayson and the guys after the little scene I've caused. I was embarrassed. Embarrassed that I walked out on them. Embarrassed I didn't understand. I think they got the idea that I couldn't look at them after I refused to see them when they came over and how I ignored all their phone calls and text messages.

Knocking came to the door, interrupting my thought process, "Anyone there?" An unfamiliar voice asked from behind the door.

I stood up, quietly making my way to the door. I looked through the little peep hole and saw it was a man with food?

"Grayson Watts, I believe, sent you food, already paid for." The man called out from the other side.

I opened the door slightly, only for it to be pushed open even farther by the man. He pushed me back, making me fall down. I quickly picked myself up and kicked him on the side, blocking every hit that came my way. Soon it was the other way around, he was on the floor while I was pummeling him with my hits.

I was stopped when I felt a hand go to my shoulder. My first instinct was to hit them, but before I can hit the person, another hand caught it.

"Bailey." I heard Grayson say from behind me, "It's me."

"Who the hell-"

"I'll explain if you come with me." He said.

"Grayson, tell me now." I demanded. The man that had my food was slowly coming to, making me kick him once again.

"Please," he begged, "I want you to be safe."

I stared at his eyes, examining them. Reluctantly, I walked back in my house getting my phone and slipping on my shoes. I grabbed my wallet and my glasses as I walked outside, meeting Grayson, "Onwards we go." Grayson said, trying to lighten up the mood.

It did not work.

Once we entered Grayson's new white sports car and started to drive, I broke the silence, "What the hell was that?"

"That's one of my father's workers. My father is the CEO of one of the most important businesses in the whole nation and I'm his unlucky son."

"His last name is Walter, right?"

"No."

"Then why is Bennett's last name Walter's?"

"Bennett and I refused to change our last names. Watts is my mother's last name. Walter is Bennett's father's last name."

"What's your father's name then?" I asked in curiosity.

"Landon Gray Harrison..." He sighed.

"You mean the one that is the CEO of-"

"Yup."

Landon Gray Harrison is one of the best businessmen in the world. Him being Grayson's father explains as to why Grayson's wealthy, popular, and good-looking.