Chapter Ten: Tip Your Waiters and Waitresses

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
I wiggled out of the embrace, awkwardly standing there, "I'll see you around, Bailey." Kendall said, giving me a short hug, before leaving completely.

"Where's Kendall off to?" Parker asked, "And do you mind letting us in?"

I let them in and closed the door behind me, "You know Kendall?" I asked, not bothering to answer his questions.

"Yes, eighth grade ring a bell?" Parker asked.

"No..."

"I was that weird kid that knew all the answers that sat in the front of your math class next to Kendall?" He said, "Does that ring a bell?"

I thought back to my eighth grade math class and remembered the smart kid that always had his hand raised, "Wait," I said, as the thought engulfed me in realization, "that was you?"

"Yeah," he said, flashing me a one hundred dollar smile as he ran a hand through his hair.

I plopped down on the couch sliding my laptop back on my lap, "Puberty has done you good." I said, not meaning to say that out loud.

"Why, thank you. Not so bad yourself." He said, winking, causing me to blush.

"Oh, shut up." I muttered, "What are you guys doing here anyways?" Changing the subject is always good... But not when you, yourself, enter a subject that you really don't want to go into.

"Why are you skipping school?" Grayson countered, "You're the good girl of the school, not the skipping school type."

"Didn't feel like going," I shrugged as I typed away random words, groaning as I delete them, "Why are you guys even here? You guys are missing school."

Bennett rolled his eyes, "And so are you-"

"-now tell us, Bailey," Parker continued, "Why are you not going to school?"

"Because I don't want to." I huffed, "Is it bad for a good girl to have a break?"

"It's not bad. It's just not like you," Grayson sighed.

I closed my laptop and put it on my coffee table, "Look, I just wanted to take a day off. Nothing's wrong, everything's alright." I lied, "So, I told you guys why I've skipped school... Are you guys leaving now?" I snapped.

They all sighed. Parker muttered something to the guys and in response they all nodded. One after the other, leaving. Parker closed the front door, leaving Grayson with me. He stood there, blankly looking at me, making me shift uncomfortably in my seat.

"Is Kendall leaving?"

"Y-Yeah." I said, my voice hoarse and weak.

"When's he coming back?"

"I don't know." I said, my breath uneven.

Why am I answering his questions?

"Bails, don't cry." He said, scooting over to me. He put his arm around me as I snuggled into his chest.

"Grayson, please don't leave me."

He sighed, "I can't promise, but I'll try."

There's something about Grayson that makes me feel safe when I'm around him. He makes me feel protected in a way I never felt with Kendall, and that's saying something.

I softly sobbed into his chest as his arms were protectively around me. We stayed like this until I pulled away from him, wiping the silent tears that were streaming down my face, "Wipe those tears, Princess," he said, softly as his thumb swiped away the remaining tears.