Chapter Six: Gentleman

~ If the earth ends up crumbling down to his knees then baby we just gotta get out ~

Chapter Six: Gentleman

I sighed. "You know," I began. "I'm not sure how well this is all gonna go, Lucas."

My best friend grinned, shaking his head. "This is gonna go amazingly," he laughed. "I'm gonna be the one to buy you your first drink, and you're gonna have a great time."

I sighed again. "Do I need to remind you that someone has to be sober to drive us home?"

Lucas smiled and shook his head. "Max offered," he responded. "He said he doesn't drink much anyway, and he wanted to make sure you enjoyed yourself."

I slowly nodded, smiling to myself at the thought of Max and running my fingers through my slightly curled hair. "C'mon, Simmy," Lucas grinned slightly. "Let's go pick out your outfit so you can impress Max," he winked, taking my hand and tugging me towards my bedroom. I giggled lightly, nodding a little as he sat me on my bed and began riffling through my closet.

"Ooooh..." Lucas drew out the sound, pulling out one of my favorite party dresses from back in high school. It was strapless and came down to just below my mid-thigh, patterned in tasteful zebra stripes with a big black belt at my midriff. It fell in cute ruffles from there, and showed off my legs nicely. Lucas also pulled a black cardigan and a pair of white heels from somewhere in the depths of my closet, pushing the outfit in my direction.

"Put it on," he instructed, smiling slightly. I rolled my eyes a little, quickly doing as he asked, before standing in front of my full body mirror and pouting a little.

"Isn't this a bit much, Lucas?" I asked, smoothing my dress. My best friend scoffed, waving away my comment.

"As far as club girls go," he began. "You're dressed really reserved, but super cute. You'll fit right in, sweetie."

I slowly nodded. "Alright," I gave in, fluffing my hair slightly. "When's Max getting here?" I asked. "I just wanna get this mess over with."

Lucas grinned, hearing someone knocking on my front door. "That'd be him now," he assured. "He said he wanted us to take his car, since he was the designated driver."

I nodded, following him towards my living room and letting him open the door for Max, seeing him step inside, his hands shoved deep in the pockets of his maroon colored skinny jeans. His white v-neck fit him well, the outlines of his muscles vaguely visible under the fabric. I smiled at him in greeting, and he smiled back, both of us watching as Lucas excused himself to grab his shoes from my room.

"You look beautiful," Max murmured, stepping closer. I shyly tucked a few stray strands of my red hair behind my ear, biting my lip.

"Thanks..." I whispered. "You look nice, too."

Max laughed, that low, easy laugh, slowly wrapping me in a gentle hug. Both of us relaxed lightly, smiling to ourselves at the embrace. "Are you excited?" he asked, rubbing my back lightly. I sighed, shrugging slightly as we pulled away.

"I guess," I said. "I mean, I know it'll be fun, but it just takes me a bit to get into the party mood."

Max smiled. "I'll make sure you have a good time," he grinned. "I promise, lovely."

I chuckled, nodding gratefully. "Thanks Max," I smiled, watching as Lucas slowly emerged from my room. He clapped his hands together excitedly, coming behind me and ruffling my hair.

"C'mon, you guys," my best friend grinned. "Let's go party!"

I chuckled at my best friend's excitement as he grabbed my hand, tugging me towards my door. I quickly reached out and grabbed Max's outstretched hand in the one Lucas didn't grasp, pulling him along with us in a sort of train. Max squeezed my hand and smiled, a tiny blush flourishing across his cheeks as he followed.