Chapter 6. Steve

"Come in Come in!" You held open the door. "I'm so glad we arranged this!" You said cheerfully as Steve Rogers entered your house.

"So am I, where is he?" Steve asked looking around.

"Oh well you're a bit earlier than we expected. He's outside feeding the horses." You gestured to the backyard. Steve's eyebrows raised a bit in surprise.

"Feeding horses? Really?"

"Yeah he insists on doing work around here." You gestured to the couch. "Here take a seat. Want something to drink?" He nodded as he sat down and made himself comfortable. "I got coke, lemonade, water, milk, you name it." You gave him a smile as you opened the fridge.

"Uh lemonade is fine!" He called back at you. You poured a two glasses and grabbed a coke for Bucky. You sat down in a recliner sitting opposite from the couch.

"So how have you been?" You took a sip of your lemonade.

"Its been, well, its sure been interesting." He admitted.

"Whys that?" You asked setting down your drink on the coffee table.

"Well the Avengers arent really assembled at the moment. Tony and I well, we didnt end on plesent terms. I pretty much had to break everybody up in order to get Buck out." He gestured outside.

"Tony as in Tony Stark?" You asked.

"Thats the one."

"Were you and him friends?" He sighed.

"We were. Dont think thats still valid currently though." He looked geniunly saddened by this.

"You really gave up everything for Barnes didnt you?" You leaned back in your chair.

"I did." He leaned forward a bit. "Thats why i want to make sure hes doing well here." His eyebrows narrowed slightly. You felt the emotion in the room turn a bit sour as he continued. "So tell me, seriously now, how is he doing?" You gulped and sat straighter.

"Hes... okay." Steve raised an eyebrow. "Well im gonna be honest with you Steve, hes probably the worst case of PTSD ive ever seen. He has nightmares, and they arent just the usual boogyman stuff. Its bad." Steve nodded.

"I get them too." You gave him a sympathetic smile.

"I understand that. But i think his might be a tad worse based on what happened at HYDRA." Steve scoffed a bit.

"So you are saying you cant help him?" His arms crossed.

"I didnt say that. He is improving believe it or not." You shook your head. "He remembers something new everyday. Hes even begun to talk to me more." Steve's eyes lit up a bit.

"What does he remember?" He asked curiously. You smiled.

"Ill let him tell you about that." Steve gave a small smile.

"I'm sorry if i seem rude about this. Hes my best friend (Y/N), I just got him back and i want him to be the old Bucky." He took a sip of his now warm lemonade.

"Well that's under-" You were interrupted by the back door slamming and Bucky entering. His eyes widened in shock when he saw Steve sitting at the coffee table. "Hey Bucky! Steve is a bit early!" Bucky nodded.

"I see that." Steve stood up and gave Bucky a firm handshake before bringing him into a short hug.

"How are you Buck?" Steve said loudly. He patted Bucky on the shoulder and you saw the hint of a small smile cross Bucky's face.

"Im good." He suddenly realized that he was wearing his sweat stained t shrt and slacks. "Uh I should probably go change." He mumbled and walked off to his room. Steve turned back to look at you, smiling and looking very smug in your chair.