6 Day Two- 9:38 P.M.

"The only thing that I can find on the map that is even remotely close to a nightclub around here is a small bar called O'Tools that's in a strip mall about ten minutes away," Elias tells me in the motel that night as I'm getting dressed in the bathroom. It's only been two days but it feels like it's been forever since I've worn nice clothes or shoes other than my Nikes.

"Okay, well if that's all that we've got, we're going for it," I decide after I've finished pulling my straightener through my dark hair so that it's straight. I also feel like I haven't done my hair in a long time too. Leaving the bathroom in my and Elias's room, I check the time on my phone. It's 10:30 so it's a good time to go to the bar.

"It doesn't look like it's for young people," Elias tells me, showing me the picture of the building that he found on Google Maps with my laptop.

I judge the bar by its front and I say, "It looks like it's where dreams go to die. Let's do it."

"Peyton," He says my name to get my attention so I sit down on the edge of his bed and look at him. "We don't have to go if you don't want to."

"But I do want to," I remind him slowly. Obviously, I want to go. Going was my idea and I haven't changed my mind.

"It's just that you seemed to have a hard time today and if-"

"That was six hours ago," I interrupt him when I understand where this is going. "And I'm over it. I just want to explore new places, dance, and have a good time. You don't have to come if you don't want to."

"No, I'll go," He assures me, looking away from the computer screen as his eyes find me and they don't leave. "You look... nice."

"Thank you. It's the nicest outfit that I packed other than the wedding outfit," I explain. It's nothing special just high waisted shorts, a black pleather crop top, and cargo boots—the only other practical shoes that I brought other than my Nikes. I do look pretty put together—much more put together than Elias has ever seen me. I like that he likes it.

"I'll text Gabe and let him know that we're ready to go," Elias says, staring at my outfit, mostly my legs, for another moment before he looks away again and pulls out his phone to text my brother

"Okay," I can't help but smile just a little bit. I remember falling over the bed onto my ass last night because I was too preoccupied with looking at Elias and it makes me happy that the attraction goes both ways. I'm not going to do anything with this information, it's just good to know. "Didn't you say that you were bringing booze?"

"Yes."

"Tonight would be a good night for that, don't you think?"

"No," He shakes his head at me as he takes a drink of the coffee that he'd grabbed from the motel lobby. "How about tomorrow?"

As I run my fingers through my hair, I turn to look at Elias. "Do you feel sorry for me?"

"Sorry for you?" He looks up at me from his phone and shuts my laptop.