9 Day Four- 2:34 P.M.

The afternoon lull kicks in after lunch. Everybody's bored but not tired so we're all quiet but not sleeping. We played the license plate game earlier but this route is pretty sparse with cars. Elias is reading beside me, Gabe is listening to music and just looking out the window and Cassie is playing games on her Mac Book.

It's the worst part of the day because it's so boring but I've had enough boredom for the time being so I'm deciding to change that right now. With my phone on the center console, I hand it to Elias who looks up from his book at me and I ask him to plug my phone into the aux cord.

"We need to liven this place up," I explain as he finds the aux cord and plugs it into my phone and then plugs the other end into the stereo. "It's time for a dance party."

"Are you serious?" Gabe asks from the back seat. "You're driving, you can't dance."

"Watch me," I warn him as I take my phone back and while driving, I find my upbeat playlist that contains really old and some new songs that are very dancey and I think that's the best way to liven this car up a bit to make the road trip a little bit more tolerable since Gabe won't allow for any pit stops for adventuring.

The first song that come son is "Hot in Herre" by Nelly and that makes Cassie laugh in the back. Elias looks amused as well as he puts a bookmark in his book and shuts it because clearly, his reading time is over for now. Cassie even shuts her laptop and Gabe takes his ear buds out of his ears, everybody is getting really into my dance party.

None of us really know the lyrics to the verses of the song but I start dancing with one hand on the wheel and the windows down with my hair flying all over the place. Cassie starts dancing in the back too, as much as one person can dance in the back of a moving vehicle, and then Gabe gives in to Cassie's peer pressuring and eventually, when the chorus hits, Elias starts moving around too.

"It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes!" We all start belting out the chorus when it comes on. Even Gabe, with the stick stuck up his ass, starts singing with us which is nice to see considering how wound up he's been this entire time. I guess since dancing in the car is okay for him as long as the car is moving because it doesn't slow us down. When the second verse starts, we don't stop singing even though none of us know the words, we just start mumbling through it.

We're very nerdy about the whole thing but everybody is involved so nobody has any room to judge anybody else, which makes it that much more fun to just let loose. After the Nelly song, we listen to a random array of singers and bands, mostly really popular songs that we all know. When Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga plays, the guys pretend not to know the words, leaving Cassie and I to do all of the singing.

As the route that we're on starts going through a small town, the speed limit slows down and traffic lights start appearing so I get my second great idea of the hour. Without the wind roaring through the car, the singing so loudly isn't as fun so everybody calms down from our dance party but we're all still pretty vibrant and awake.

"The next traffic light," I announce to the car of people. "Are you ready?"

"Ready for what?" Cassie doesn't catch on.

Gabe knows what I'm talking about though and he doesn't like my idea. I can tell by the frown on his face. "Peyton, no. This road is too busy."

"We're doing this," I insist with a wide grin and then I turn the radio up even more.