50. Banoffee Pavlova

I am crying

I am crying. I can't thank all of you enough. Please keep supporting! I owe you all better and faster updates <3

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW. SHARE.

*****

Giulia wasn't difficult to find. After reaching back to our hotel, Brandon and I had made a beeline to Kiki's room. With all the trouble that had been brewing, and the media swarming the streets like starved zombies, she had taken the wise decision to book a room in the hotel while we were still in Singapore.

Once we contacted Kiki, in a matter of half an hour, she had her bodyguards trace down Giulia's whereabouts. The efficiency and the smoothness with which everything went, made me question the dynamic power mafia had in the Asian scene. They seemed to be faster and better than the cops around the world. Or maybe it was a monetary thing.

"So, she's in a distant hotel?" Brandon asked, "All the way on the other side of the city?"

For one thing, Brandon took information well. There were three things that Bella told me. Number one, to find Giulia. Alard had sent her away the moment they had stepped inside the Royal Hotel. I didn't know the details. But the information was sufficient for me to guess that it couldn't have been a peaceful separation.

"Yes," Kiki replied to Brandon.

He turned to me, a playful smile on his lips. "Thank God, we didn't go to search the parks."

I tilted my head, not getting his joke.

"I thought it became her favourite hangout spot after the last time she went missing."

I rolled my eyes. He wasn't going to let go about Giulia's missing spree anytime soon. The second thing Bella had asked me to do was to find out what Alard planned to do with Giulia. I know it couldn't be drastic. She was from a rich household herself, though not as rich as Bella's family. Once again, we didn't have to move an inch from our place or speculate to find out that major detail.

Kiki said it on her own. "Alard booked a ticket for her to return to France."

"Alone?" Brandon asked, puzzled.

Kiki relayed the question to the person she was talking to on the phone. After a minute, she nodded, hanging up the phone. "One of Giulia's employees will accompany her."

And this information of Giulia returning back to France put the third request Bella had asked me to do in jeopardy:

Make an escape plan.

Brandon and I had enough humility to not pester Kiki so much so that she got fed up with us. Thanking her for her help in locating Giulia, we took the address slip and made our leave. With nowhere to go, and the interview we had planned to do being postponed, both of us ended up back into our hotel room. And sadly, with nothing but our thoughts to accompany us.