Chapter 2

Y/n's POV
I woke up to the smell of breakfast from the kitchen. I glanced at the clock as it read 8:15. I got up and brushed my hair before heading down the stairs to see my parents ready for work.

"Good morning!" I called from the stairs.

"Good morning kiddo!" Dad replied.

"Your mom made your favorite today. We have to leave soon and we're going to come home a little later than usual so take care of yourself ok? I don't want to come home seeing the house on fire." He teased.

I rolled my eyes as I walked to the kitchen where they were.

"You guys know I'm not a baby anymore. I'm 14 now! I even graduated high school 4 years early. I can take care of myself."

I took a quick glance of my (favorite food).

"That looks delicious. Thanks for the breakfast."

I went up to them and gave them a kiss in the cheek.

"Love you."

My parents hugged me and I returned the motion.

"Love you too." They said.

We broke our embrace and Dad ruffled my hair.

"Don't work too hard."

"Same to you two."

I watched them leave with their bags as their car pulled out of our driveway and out of the neighborhood. They're usually gone for the whole day but if they're staying a bit later then I'm technically stuck here by myself 'till tomorrow morning. I'd be asleep by the time they get here.

I grabbed my breakfast and went to my room, eating while sketching ideas for the showcase coming in a few weeks.

Hiro's POV
I should've visited the SFIT sooner. That place is amazing! There's so much technology and equipment in there that I can use for my projects. The inventions that I saw in there were very interesting. I'm most interested in Gogo's wheels. They're pretty impressive. What's even better is that Robert Callaghan teaches there! THE Robert Callaghan. He is my role model, besides Tadashi of course. My older brother looked up to him like a father and I'm just so glad I went to that bot fight with Yama. If Tadashi hadn't tricked me to go to his nerd school, I wouldn't be doing this right now.

I've been working on my project lately, for the showcase at SFIT. It's very similar Megabot, my bot for bot fighting, but smaller. I call it a Microbot. Though it's pretty useless by itself so I'm planning to make tons of them, filling up 12 recycling bins. Using a neural cranial transmitter, I can move them wherever I want, when I want. It can also be used for construction and transportation. The good thing is, the only limit is your imagination. I just hope it's good enough to make it to SFIT.

After hours of work I chose to take a break. I've been working on this for a few days and sometimes the gang would come visit me. Now that I'm alone again, I decided to go for a walk, clear my mind and get some stress out for a while. I need the silence. I go to Aunt Cass and tell her that I'll be out for a walk. She gives me a nod and I grab my blue hoodie and head to the park.

I arrived at the park after a few minutes of walking and viewing the large buildings of San Fransokyo. I stare in awe as the cherry blossom trees are in full bloom. I look for a bench to sit on and something caught my eye. There was a girl, sitting on a bench looking up at the trees. She had beautiful h/l h/c hair which swayed a bit from the wind. Wait. Did I say beautiful? Stop being a creep, Hiro. She looked a bit lonely so I walked towards her bench.