Going Crazy!

Annabeth POV

I groaned and flopped onto one of the couches in the Big House.

"This is so irritating!"

"If Percy doesn't want to be found, he won't be found." Bucky pointed out. Again.

"I know that." I snapped back.

No one could help us. Reyna hadn't seen him, I doubted the gods were going to tell me if they found him, Nico couldn't find him.

"I still think that kid at Camp Jupiter knows something." Nico grunted.

"Just cause the kid pissed you off doesn't mean he's hiding Percy. He might just have a secret that he thought you were trying to get at." Steve insisted. The two of them had been arguing about this on and off for a few hours.

"But what if-"

"If I hear you say another word about that kid I'm gonna punch both of you." Bucky growled. He was not happy with what was going on. He and Percy had been super close when we were fighting Hydra, now his friend was missing.

"We have to think rationally about this." I insisted.

"We've searched everywhere we can, in every way we can." Steve told me. "We might just have to wait until he shows up."

"And what happens if Artemis finds him before we do?" I asked.

"He'll run. Or fight. Either way he'll get out alive. You know him." Bucky said.

"He won't want to hurt them, even though he knows they would take his life in a heartbeat." I sighed. The other three quieted, agreeing.

"Why can't they just leave us alone to live our lives!" I asked the sudden silence.

"Because they think they're more important." Nico answered distastefully.

Steve sat down next to me. "Don't worry, Annie. We will find him. I don't know how or when,but both of you are partially immortal so you've got time."

We sat in silence, Steve keeping his arm around me. Bucky and Nico sat down again, having stood up to pace as they talked.

"I've got a name for you!" A voice trilled suddenly.

I leapt up to stare at Aphrodite, the others following suit. "I thought you didn't remember anything!"

"His name came back to me." She said sweetly. I glared at her and made a 'spit it out' motion.

"What do I get in return?"

"I won't make you fade." I growled. "Give me the name."

Aphrodite raised an eyebrow. "His name is Jackson. He's at the Roman Camp, I'm sure."

She disappeared in a cloud of perfume.

"So helpful." I sneered at the place where she had been standing.

Nico made an angry noise of recognition. "I was right!"

"If this is about that kid again-"

"It is!"

"Nico, just let it go!" Bucky barked.

"No, you don't get it!" Nico retorted. "The kid's name is Jack!"

I stared at him. "You can't be serious."

"I am. It makes sense! He was hiding Percy because he is Percy!"

--------------------------------------

Third Person POV

DJ fiddled with a drachma as he sat in his cabin. Even though he was a god, technically an Olympian, he still liked sitting in the sea-smelling room when he wanted some privacy.

What he was considering doing could end very well or very badly, depending on the mood of the person he wanted to talk to.

"Man up, DJ." He told himself. "You've got information she needs, she's not going to act rashly."

A small part of him said there was no guarantee of that. He tended ignore that part.

Finally he made up his mind and stood. Matching out of the cabin, he headed for the forest where the campers played Capture the Flag.

No one followed him, which was good. He walked until he got to Zeus's Fist, then turned and headed for the creek.

DJ stopped at the creek-bed, his mind running as fast as it could. Was this really a good idea? He might regret it later on.

I'll worry about later when it's later, he finally decided, using his powers to pull up a small sheet of mist. Light protruding from the canopy made the rainbow appear.

"Oh Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, show me Lady Artemis of the Hunt."

Nothing happened. DJ frowned. He didn't have another drachma on him and he hadn't quite mastered the art of conjuring things up.

"Please, Lady Iris. I have something important to tell her." He finally said.

"Then tell me." A cold voice said from behind him. DJ whirled and came face to face with an angry looking and impatient goddess of the Hunt.

"I have some information for you....about your current prey."

Artemis's silver eyes glinted like sharpened steel. "Go on."

"Well, I heard Annabeth talking to Lady Aphrodite...."

[A/N DJ is doing stuff....]