Chapter 16- Surprises

We got the arena three hours before the show was starting, as asked of Niall. David led us through the halls of backstage, with people running around, stressed. Finally making it to the dressing room, we entered.

Nialls eyes landed on me first, seeming to be taking in the sight, his eyes scanning me from head to toe. I wore high waisted jean shorts with a tucked in white tanktop and white vans along with my hair flowing perfectly straight down my back. Jade wore regular shorts with a gray shirt that read; "Lucky Shirt", with black converse and her hair in a high pony tail.

I felt my cheeks burn with hot flush, noticing Niall's eyes never leaving me. "Hey," I smiled with a small wave, cutting his attention "hows it going?" I added, awkwardly.

"Oh-uh, I'm great." He smiled, standing from the chair that sat in front of the mirror. Walking over to us, he huged Jade first, who seemed to still be starstuck, then on to me. He wrapped his warm and strong arms around me, tightly. I wrapped my arms around his neck, not taking notice that my lips pressing against his shoulder. I felt his arms at my waist, slowly moving his hands to my hips. "You look beautiful." He smiled through his oh so attractive irish accent, with his hands still resting on my hips, our eyes locked.

"Thank you." I blushed, just then remembering Jade in the room. Turning to face her, I broke eye contact with those stunning crystal blue eyes of Niall's. "Do you want to go get something to eat?" I asked her.

"Oh yes!" She smiled in excitement. We hadn't ate that day and being starving, I know she must be.

"I'll be back." I said with a smile, "Do you want anything?"

"Where are you planning on going?" He smiled, his hands slipping from my body.

"I'm not sure yet, I was just going to wing it." I giggled, slightly sad to lose his touch.

"Surprise me?" He smiled, placing his hand on my lower back.

"Got it." I mirrored his beautiful smile. Feeling his soft lips on my forehead.

"Be safe.." He said in a low hush, brushing his lips against my forehead with every word.

"I have Jade, I'm good." I smiled towards her, who was in complete awe.

After stepping out into the hall, Jade face lite up, facing me.

"You two are just the cutest, you have no idea!" She squeeled, "I just.." I breathed out with a large and bright smile. All I could do it laugh, unable to compose words being so flustered.

We had Jackson come by and get us to take us to McDonalds, getting food for Niall, it got me thinking about the other boys. So I bought each of them their own meal along with Jade's and my own. Jade promised me that she would pay me back once we get back.

"You helped me last night, I owe you." I told her.

Getting back, we had our hands full of bags of greasy hot food and ice cold drinks. Hoping they were all together in the same room where Niall was before, we went there first. Hoping correctly, we stumbled in to the sight of all of them talking. Their smiled growing with the smell of food. Eager to help us, I explained whose is whose. All thanking us with a hug, Jade became overwhelmed.

"I love you.." She softly said seeming to be in a daydream, which sent all of us in a brust of laughter.

"We love you too, you got us food!" Liam spoke with a smile. As they got into a deep conversation, Niall came over to me with a smile.

"You're amazing." He said, putting down his drink on the table that was next to us.

"Eh, I try." I smiled, feeling his hand overtake mine.

"Niall," Harry's deep voice traveled, snapping Niall's hand back from mine and our eyes to Harry, "we have to eat quick and finish getting ready."

Niall, nodding in response, turned back to me.

"Jade and I should go-do something?" I questioned our action with a laugh, "Do we have seats?" I continued to laugh, confused.

"Oh, of course, Juls." He smiled, taking out two passes.

"Only one, correct?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yes." He bit his lower lip, trying to hide his smile that lite up his face. "I'll see you out there." He said softly, his voice sending a shriver down my spine and butterflies in my stomach.

"Break a leg, Rockstar." I smiled, standing on my tippy toes to press my lips against his cheek. Feeling my cheeks burn up with the butterflies soaring. Niall's lips soon tugged into a wide smile with his cheek turn rosey within seconds.

Grabbing our food, Jade and I went to the food stands to eat. With our heads down, a couple of fans came by and even stared at us eating.

"Can I have a picture?" A girl asked with a weak smile and shaky hands.

"Of course." I said, with no reason to reject. Snapping the photo with the girl, I smiled. "Beautiful!" I giggled, taking a look at the outcome.

"Thank you." She spoke with a teethy grin.

"No problem." I replied as she turned to walk away.

"So," Jade smiled, chewing a french fry "lets talk about how cute Niall and you are." She blushed as I mirrored at the thought.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I laughed, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Oh come on, Julia!" She giggled, "You say that you two are just friends but I see that way he looks at you.." Her tone suddenly changing from joking to serious. "He looks at you the same way my dad looks at my mom."

My smile faded as I took in her words, repeating them through my mind, over and over again. "I don't know-"

"But I do." She cut off my thought before I could finish.

"We should probably go find our seats." I spoke, my smile forming again, trying to change the subject. Easily agreeing, we stood.

The show was amazing, Niall trying to make as much eye contact as possible on stage one, or at least it seemed to be that way. Half way through, David asked us to move to back stage, which we couldn't reject. He was kind of like the boss of us. Getting back stage, we watched the rest of the show from there. Apparently being a distraction from the seats. After their finishing song, they come back stage, Niall catching sight of me with his smile growing.

"You did amazing!" I said through a grin as he reach where I was.

"Thank you." He breathed out, sweating, he wrapped his arms around me.

"Oo, you're so sweaty!" I yelled in a playful way.

"Oh, you like it." He teased, lifting me over his shoulder, with no trouble.

"Let me down!" I fought to say through my laugh.

"Never!" He said, started to walk.

"Hey, Niall, lets have a race!" I heard Harry call out, soon taking sight of him throwing Jade over his shoulder, "Lets go!"

"Jade!" I yelled out for her.

"Julia!" She laughed in response.

"We're being kidnapped.." I joked.

"I'm chill with that.." Finally getting in sight of each other as Niall and Harry stood next to each other.

"Please don't fall.." I told Niall.

"I would never drop you." He promised.

"Ready, lads?" I heard Louis, "Set. GO!"

Suddenly, Harry and Niall took off in a run, bouncing me up and down on Niall's shoulder, I began to laugh which only caused Niall to laugh then spread to Harry and Jade that set them to slow down helping us to make it to the end of the hall first. Niall placed me down on the ground before throwing his hands up in a victory roar.

"Yeah!" He chanted, with me still laughing, he picked me back up but in a hug to spin me around.

Staying behind with the boys, we all hung out until we had to go back to the hotel in different vans for safetly. Getting back to the hotel, the word was out on where they were staying. Jade and I went first, with cameras in our faces, the flash blinding us, and yelling eager girls dying to know every detail of my relation with Niall. Jade linked her arm with mine tightly with eyes glued to the floor. I felt her shaking yet she continued to say comforting words to me. Maybe I was getting used to it, but it wasn't bothering me as much as when this first happened, or maybe it's because of Jade. She brings me back to reality with her down to Earth personality.

We made it to our room safely when I got a call from my dad.

"Hey," I answered with a smile, "I was just about to call you." I added.

"Hey, sweetheart." His voice lightening up, "How is my babygirl?"

"I'm doing good, just got back from their show that they did tonight."

"How was that? Better than the first time?" He smiled, or at least it sounded as if he was.

"Equally as great." I giggled, "I miss you, dad.." My tone quickly changing to serious.

"I miss you too," His soft words slightly fading, "but I would perfer you safe rather than here and in danger."

"And I'm sorry about the house.." I remembered the sight of the horid damage that was caused.

"It's fine, babygirl, all of it can be fixed and replaced. You, on the other hand, can not be." He chuckled, "I'm just glad you're okay.. Come home soon, you hear?"

"Of course!" I smiled before the line ended.

"Was that your dad?" Jade emerged from the bathroom.

"Yup," I sat down at the edge of the bed, "have you talked to your parents?"

"Yeah, I was texting them earlier, but that's about it." She gave a weak smile with her soft words.

With the conversation ending about there, I got a text.

"Juls, later want to go get a soda from down the hall? I have something to tell you." I read the message from Niall. Showing Jade before thinking of anything to reply with, my cheeks turned red, heating up with the thought of being alone with him. It's always really been us and someone else whether it be David, Hannah, Jade, or anyone else.

"Of course! Hope I'm not in trouble.." I wrote back after a good five minutes of decision making.

Within a few minutes, he texted back. "Be outside your room in an hour."

Not texting back, I hopped in the shower to cleanse all of the dirt and sweat from the night. Stepping out of the steamy shower, I tied my hair in a high, wet, messy bun and slipping on a pair of sweatpants that matched with Jades, along with a band t-shirt of 5 Seconds of Summer. Talk about white girl status.

I took up almost the whole hour that was given, so I stepped out from the room with a key card.

"Be safe." Jade smiled from in the comfortable looking king bed before I closed the door, mirroring her smile, I nodded.

I shut the door behind me and waited. Waiting for Niall.

More waiting.

And a little bit more.

Until, I heard the bing of the elevator and he stepped out.

"Juls!" He smiled widen, calling out in a low whisper.

"Hey there Rockstar!" I giggled, walking over and meeting half way. He took me into his chest for a tight hug. "What did you have to tell me?" I asked after our bodies departed from the hug and we began to walk down the hall.

"First off, let me just tell you that you look beautiful." His words causing butterflies to rush into my stomach. "But, I have a confession to make.." His tone growing serious.

"What is it?" I asked, now concerned

"I think I am starting to develop feelings for you, strong feelings," he stopped walking, causing me to aswell, and for our eyes to lock as we faced each other "I just wanted you to know because I have been acting differently and I don't want you to think any different than the truth.."

"Niall," I fought to say through my smile as excitement rushed through my vains and the butterflies soar, even running into eachother, "you've saved my life more than you know and to have you know it, that alone means a lot. But hearing that you've been feeling the same as me, means just the same." I smiled as he brightly mirrored. His hand slowly taking mine.

"Julia," his eyes dropped to our hands then back into my eyes, "will you go out on a date with me?" he added with a bite of the lip that drove me crazy.

"Niall," I mocked, "I will go on a date with you." I added as he interwined our fingers to continue to walk down the empty hall.

After getting his soda, he walked me back to the door.

"Thank you for talking with me." He said with rosey cheeks and a wide smile.

"Thank you for talking to me." I giggled, glancing at the ground.

"You're so beautiful," His tone faded as he lifted my chin with his free hand. Our eyes locked as I took noticed of him becoming closer and closer. Our lips seconds from touching, I wrapped my arms around his neck, then slid a hand to the crock of his neck, "so beautiful." He breathed.

Suddenly, before our lips had the chance to touch, we heard a scream, snapping our attention to a group of girls at the end of the hallway, with all of their phones out.

"Crap.." I said, getting my key card ready as they began to ran towards us. Unlocking the door and getting in just in time, Niall and I were safe but heard the pounding of the girls' fist against the door that was between us.

*Hey guys! So, this is going to be the last chapter for the weekend! I'm busy this weekend. Tonight I'm going to a play of my really close friend, she's the lead, and all this weekend I'm going to be at practice for skating. Please continue to leave feedback!

Also, thank you for all of the lovely ideas, like having them spending time alone! (for those of you who commented on the photo on instagram)

I love you! ~Mara *