Chapter 19- Hospital

I took a step into the room that only Jade was in, laying there. A small smile creeping on her lips at the sight of me. "How are you doing?" I ask such a dumb question..

"I feel fine, its just my throat that is bothering me."

"Oh, well, you know you're going to the hospital?" I eased into the chair that sat next to the bed where she laid.

"Yeah, I tried to tell them that I was fine but they didn't believe me." Her smile slowly faded as her soft words passed her lips.

"It's just to make sure," I weakly smiled "I wouldn't want anything to happen to you." I felt water start to raise in my eyes, my vision shaky along with my voice.

"Julia.." She spoke low, in almost a whisper.

"You don't get it, Jade.." tears began to leak down my cheeks as I took in a breath, "You came into my life when everyone else decided to walk out... You didn't care about what I was going through but all you wanted to do was help." I fought to say through my heavy breathing and streaming tears. "I've always wanted a friend like you and now that I have you, I don't ever want to lose you.."

"Julia," She spoke with tears swelling up in her eyes, "I'm not going anywhere, not without you." Just then, there was a knock at the door before the Doctor came in.

"The ambulance is here.." He said in a low tone, knowing he cut into personal time.

As we arrived at the hospital, I texted Jade's mom letting her know what room and everything. I sat next to the bed, watching the doctors come and go until finally her mom and dad walk in.

"Thank you for staying with her." Her dad smiled.

"You should probably get some rest, sweetie.." Her mom suggested but I was quick to protest with a shake of the head. "It's been a long day." She added as I stuck with me answer.

"Jade need some sleep anyways." Her dad spoke up.

"But I don't want to sleep.. My throat is getting worse..." She tried to explain.

"I can keep an eye on her." I promised.

"She needs sleep.." Her dad stood his ground.

I turned to Jade, her eyes worried. I could tell her throat was really bothering her, I could see fear growing in her eyes. "Don't worry." I mouthed beforing getting from the chair.

"We can take you home." Her mom was sweet enough to offer.

"Oh, no, that's fine. My dad is going to pick me up and take me to your house for my car." I smiled, walking out of the room with her parents. They then continued to walk with me as it seemed as they weren't going to stay wtih Jade. "I'll just wait here for him." I smiled as they keep their way to their car aftering saying goodbye. Watching the car leave the parking lot, I ran back up to her room. Texting David to go pick up my car. "Still up?" I said, almost out of breath entering the room.

"Yeah, I can't sleep." Jade sighed with a smile, happy I didn't actually go. "It's getting harder to breathe." She took heavy inhales with her smile quickly fading.

"Do you want me to go get the doctor?" I backed to the door.

"No, that's okay, I'm sure its nothing."

"Jade, don't lie to me.." I pouted.

"I'm sure, Julia. If I feel it's getting worse, I'll let you know." She patted the chair next to the bed.

That night we watched Disney Channel reruns of Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montana. We laughed and talked throughout the night, until Jade went silent.

"Whats wrong?" I said, raising from my chair in panic.

"It hurst to talk.." She admitted.

"Jade.." I felt her head "I'm getting the doctor.."

"No," She paused to take an inhale of air, "I'm fine."

"No you aren't," I said bluntly, "I'm getting the doctor." I turned for the door, ignoring her protests for my action.

After getting the doctor and explaining to him what has been going on, he had her in an xray room within ten minutes. I waited, what seemed like forever, for her to get back. She laid back down without a word but water in her eyes.

"What time is it?" She fought to hold back her tears.

"12:32." I said softly, knowing deep down I did something right.

The room was silent for a while before the doctor came back with the results.

"Well," he began, "let me just say, Jade, you are very lucky to have such a worried friend." Hinting towards me, I didn't care much. "I also wanted to let you know, if you had fell asleep, there was a huge chance you wouldn't wake up. You're throat is swelling and closing your airways. We are going to give you a shot to help the swelling go down. I don't suggest you sleeping until you feel that you're throat is better." As he spoke, my eyes eased to her as tears started to slowly shed. I placed my hand over hers, letting her know that I was there for her. He left the room for the shot, leaving the room to fall silent.

"I'm sorry." She cried out.

"You didn't do anything wrong!" I got up and hugged her tightly.

"I wouldn't have woken up.." She said through her tears.

The moment being cut short with a nurse entering the room with the shot. "Hold out your arm." She sweetly demands as I took a seat in my chair next to Jade. The shot went easily through her arm. Within an hour, Jade was asleep with a nurse every 20 minutes coming in to check on her.

I sat wide awake next to her, still worried for whatever could happen. Then I decided to let Niall know what was going on.

"Hey, you're probably asleep, but Jade is in the hopsital. They have her some kind of shot so she should be better by morning and be able to go home by noon."

Unaware of how fast I would get a reply, I jumped when my phone went of with a buzz.

"That's amazing news! You both had me worried.. You hadn't texted me all day but it's understandable."

"Can you call me?" I wrote back with a simple question which was soon answered when I was getting a call from Niall. I stepped out into the hall before answering it.

"Hello?" I smiled, missing his voice already.

"Juls." I could just hear his smile through the phone.

"Rockstar." I said with a light giggle.

"How free are you this upcoming Wednesday?"

"Hmm, going to have to check. Why?" I played dumb.

"I have an evening full of events for our date and you can't say no." He joked.

"Oh, demanding." I held in my laughter.

"So, I'm getting you from your house at 6, hopefully able to meet your dad while I'm at it."

"Really?" A bit shocked at one of his objectives.

"Of course, really. I would love to meet the father of the girl I'm taking out on a date." He overly explained with a light chuckle. "I have to get going. I'll see you on Wednesday, princess."

"See you then, Rockstar." I said before the line cutting.

I walked back into the room where Jade was sleeping, I checked her one more time before taking a seat in the chair, drifting into sleep.

I woke up to a yelling.

"What is she doing here?"

"She helped your daughter last night.."

"I don't care, I was under the impression she wasn't here."

"Sir, she saved your daughters life. If she wasn't here then neither would your daughter."

I eased my eyes open to uncover the faces of the voices that seemed to be in a heated conversation.

"Goodmorning." I smirked at Jade's dad and the doctor.

"You can leave now." Her did hissed.

"Dad!" Jade snapped. "Leave her alone, she believed me when you didn't.."

The room fell silent as the tension grew.

"I should probably get going anyways." I stood from the chair that caused my body to ache, "I have a date on Wednesday." I smiled towards Jade as she squeeled.

"Oh, you have to let me help you get ready!" She smiled out as I couldn't help but agree.

* Hey.. This is kinda short, I guess. This took me about three hours to write and stuff. And what happened to Jade is possible, it happened to me in 2011.

My dad told me to take a nap and I didn't feel safe, so I called my mom, since I was home alone, and she came rushing home from work and took me to the hospital and they told me if I were to take that nap, I wouldn't have woken up with the rate my throat was closing so yeah. Fun Fact. Haha.

Anyways, don't forget to leave some amazing feedback, even if you hate it!

I am sorry that this chapter doesn't have much of Niall in it, but the next one will. I know how annoying it is to be reading a fanfic and the girl and whoever arent together fast enough, but have no fear, the date is near!

I love all of the comments you guys leave!
I love you! ~Mara *