Two

I stared at the blonde, shocked. "Don't fucking lie." I said. "I won't believe you."

He sighed and shook his head, before looking to my parents and best friend. "Hands off, or I will get security to remove you from the premises. I am going to go get food. Do you want anything, Mitch? What about you?" He looked to Tuesday, seemingly at a loss for a name.

"I'm Tuesday and no thank you." He said and my visitors' eyes snapped to him.

"Your the brother of that girl they found!" My mother gasped. I saw something in Tuesday change and looked to my mother.

"Miss! Please, I beg humbly that you don't bring that up!" I looked down, away from her.

"Mitch? Why are you talking like that? I am your mom. You can call me 'Mom'." I knew how it hurt her that I didn't call her mom. But something in me stopped me from doing so. The fear of a raised hand. My mind block against them was deteriorating, and my carefully hidden emotions were showing, fear the biggest one.

"Miss. I call you miss, because a creature like I doesn't deserve to call you by that name, and doing so would result in punishment." I answered, still looking away.

I heard someone begin to cry and I squeezed my eyes shut.

Way to fucking go. Two people in less that half an hour. God! You really are nothing but trouble. Go jump in front of the nearest bus. It will make it better for everyone. The voice shrieked at me.

It was all too much. Too much emotion, too much fear. I just, kind of, locked my self in my head, escaping the scene. I could see it happening, but it was distant. I could hear the voices talking, but they were faint and muffled.

I liked it here, in my own little mind space, where the voice wasn't screaming at me, wasn't calling me out on my flaws. What hurt so much about what it said was it was all true. Everything the voice said was true. As I sat there, removed, another thought came to me.

I remembered back on my first day with that woman. She had cut my wrists. When she did that, everything else just kind of faded away, all of my pain, troubles, gone.

That's my way out, I thought. My outlet.

I stayed in my headspace until it was just Tuesday and I in the room.

I heard my name, being called out repeatedly, soft, gentle. That helped give me a tether to pull me back into myself.

I looked over to Tuesday. "Yeah?" I inquired.

"Just making sure you weren't dead or anything. You had been sitting still for so long." From anyone else, it might have been funny. But I knew, knew with all my heart, that he wasn't joking. He had feared that, because he had once believed that Wednesday could never die.

"No. I was no where near as close to death as before." I smiled weakly.

"That is because you can't get any closer to dead than before. You died. In my arms." Scott spoke up from the chair and my head snapped to him. For some reason, I talked to him in a manner I would never talk to anyone else.

"What the hell are you still doing here?" I growled.

"Keeping a promise." He said. That damn promise again.

"Quit lying." I growled back. A small part of me believed him, but not enough that I even payed attention to it. If he promised to keep me safe, why did it take him four years to do it?

"I am not lying, but I know you probably won't ever believe me." He sounded so defeated, but I wasn't going to let him get the best of me through pity.

I didn't respond to him immediately, because two doctors came in, smiling. They disconnected my I.V. and used the port with the syringe. The liquid was ice cold and felt so good.

They then changed out the bag and for me all booked back up, before moving to Tuesday. Now I could respond to Scott.

"Sure. Sure. Now if you are the protector, don't keep the doctors out too." What? Why the hell would I say something like that. Then I giggled. "There are ants crawling on the ceiling." I said as I laughed.

"What the hell did you give him?" I heard Scott growl. His voice seemed funny, making me laugh harder.

"It's the morphine for his pain. Don't worry, it will knock him out soon enough, then he will be too groggy to think anything is funny when he wakes up. But for now, he is as high as a kite." Someone responded. But it was all so distant. I felt my body relax and let sleep take me into it's forgiving arms.

~
Yay for short chapters. I promise, I will make each chapter as long as I can.

Oh, and Stay sexy
- Scomiche❤🍓❤