Three

They let us out of the hospital three days later. I still couldn't figure out why they kept such a close watch on how I was recovering, but not Tuesday. I mean, they took care of him, expert care, but they were always checking my blood levels and my breathing and all of that.

"Why are they doing that?" I asked, repeatedly. "Why do they watch me so diligently?" Everyone just looked away.

I had been free six days. Yet none of my habits dropped. I never looked anyone in the eye, I flinched at loud noises, I hated being touched, couldn't even be in a room with my father, everyone was still just Sir and Miss.

Scott had arranged to be the one to drive me home because I had a huge freak out when they tried to get me into the car, and I was not about to fly in a tin death trap.

He stood a respectful distance away, and kept his voice low. "Would you like to sit in the cage in the back so that it garentees that you are safe, or do you want do sit up in the front?"

"Could I sit in the back, sir?" I murmured politely.

"Of course." He moved a head of me and opened the door, standing out of the way. As I climbed inside, he added, "if you need me to pull over so you can stretch or use the bathroom, don't be afraid to tell me. I am simply here for you." He said.

I simply nodded as he shut the car door. I closed my eyes and leaned against the window as the car started.

I drifted off soon after. My sleep was dreamless, blank. No night mares plagued my sleep. No visions of my past. No memories. Nothing.

"Mitch?" The voice was strange in my dream world. It didn't belong. I shifted. It was wrong. "Mitch?" There it was again. "Wake up. I am not leaving you in the car, and I really have to pee."

I knew that voice. I fought back the blindness of sleep and blinked open my eyes. I was still in the car. I groaned and sat up, my neck aching. I looked at the blonde as he looked at me from the front of the car.

"Wha'?" I asked, blinking rapidly.

"I have to use the bathroom, and I won't leave you alone. Come on." I could see the pleading in his eyes.

I nodded and tried the door. It wouldn't open. "What the hell?" I said, my breath picking up. I hated small spaces, and I hated being locked up. Flashes of my past kept popping up. Scott was instantly out the the car and bolting around to the door. He yanked it open and have me a apologetic smile.

"Sorry. Forgot it only opens from the outside." He stepped out of the way and let me climb out. It was a simple little truck stop. "Ready?" He asked, giving me my space.

"As I'll ever be." I replied and followed him. It was a quiet gas station, bright, filled with lots of things for the road. Scott offered to get me something but I declined. I wasn't worth it anyway. I was just a cheap slut, not worth a single penny.

"Damn it." Scott cursed. "The bathrooms are singles and the ladies one seems to be occupied. Do you want to wait out here? I'll be fast." He looked at me and I nodded. Why was he worrying so much about me? I was useless.

Better off dead, that's what I say.

I looked away for Scott's trying gaze as I fought back tears.

Why the hell are you crying? You know what I say is true. You've inconvenienced your family and Scott because you got yourself kidnapped, and the whole world for living here.

I shut my eyes right as I heard the bathroom door close. Stupid voice. But I couldn't deny it. Everything it said was true. Voices in your head didn't lie to you.

"Hey, cutie." A voice said to me and my head shot up, eyes flying open as I found myself staring as a quick approaching man. "You look like you could use a good time."

"N-n-no." I stuttered. That word. I hadn't said it in months out loud. I flinched back at the word, expecting to be slammed to the ground, or have a knife connect with my flesh.

"You don't sound so sure of yourself, Cutie." He said, moving closer at a slower rate, almost as though he was stalking me.

"I said n-no. P-please. Just leave me a-alone." I was shaking so bad I began to stutter. I had never stuttered in my whole life.

"I don't think so. I think you secretly want it, but you are just to scared to admit it." He was ten feet away. As a last resort, I used the same like I had heard girls use.

"I have a boyfriend." I hated that 'I have a boyfriend' meant more to a jerk than me telling him no. Hated that they respected someone they had never even known more than the person's wishes.

But that was not the case with him. Now, he was right up next to me. My heart beat fast and my breaths quick and shallow. The last straw was the hand he laid on my arm as he whispered in my ear. "He never has to know."

My legs buckled and I fell, crying, to the ground, whimpering. Drake's laugh filled my ears as I sat there. The guy had enough sense to run, though it took him until the door to the men's restroom opened.

"See? This is what happens to whores that say no." There I was, back at Drake's house, naked, chained to the wall. He pressed something to my skin. It wasn't a knife. No. It wasn't thin enough. "I heard knives cut well, but I want this to be a lesson you remember. So I am using-"

"Mitch. Listen to me." The pleading voice broke through the memory. "Open your eyes and name five things you can see." Scott. Scott was coaching me through this.

I did as he said and looked around. "Light. Windows. Drinks. Walls. You." I gasped out, my lungs feeling like they were constructing all air out of them. It took me a long time to choke out those five simple words

"Good." He praised. "Now four things you can touch." His voice was soft, and calmed me down, but not enough.

"F-floor. Clothes. Hair. You." Again, he was on my list. Around my panic, I scooted closer to him and touched his arm with my finger tips.

"Three things you can feel." As he spoke, his strong arms wrapped around me, the feeling overwhelming the ghost hands I felt, sliding all over my body, his voice blocking out everything else.

"Skin, Breathing, you." I leaned into him, allowing myself to take comfort in his touch. What made me trust him so much? He was what got me into this, and yet, I was allowing him to touch me.

"Are you good now, Mitchie?" He whispered in my ear. I turned large eyes to him and nodded. "Come on, then. I'll help you up." He moved back a little to stand, then pulled me up with him. The moment I was to my feet, I hugged him close.

"Thank you." I murmured into his shirt.

"Glad I could help. Now come on. Let's get you to the car." He moved out of my grip and moved behind me, steering me by my shoulders.

When we got to the car, he offered me the same choice. This time, I chose differently. "Can I sit in the front with you?" I asked.

"By all means." He smiled warmly. I climbed in and settled down. For the whole rest of the drive, I didn't move. We decided that if we stopped for food or restroom, I was to never leave his sight. It was easy to be near him. I couldn't figure out why I was so comfortable with him.

The last time I had fallen asleep, it was to Scott's voice. He had a beautiful voice.

"We're here, Mitch." Scott gently shook me awake. It was dark outside. After ten, yet the lights in the house were on.

I climbed out and looked as Scott. "Thank you." I murmured to him, then headed into the place I had dreamed of returning to for years.

Home. Or what was supposed to be home.

~
Yay. Chapter three. Death Warning right now for Chapter Four, Five, and possibly six.

Oh, and stay sexy
-Scomiche❤🍓❤