Twenty One

Warning: Death, blood/gore
Scott's P.O.V
I knew it was a very bad idea to leave Mitch alone, but if I hadn't have left when I did, bad thing could have happened.

It wasn't that anything to him would have happened. I would have died before I laid an angry hand on him. No. It was what I would have said. I could have said something that ended that fight in a whole different way.

So, I left. I went to the small apartment the Force provided me with, even though, for now, I was off duty. I still had a shift here and there, but for the most part, I was with Mitch.

It had been around eight or so that morning when I had returned to grab the paper. Shit! I forgot the paper. The paper covered in doodles and scribbles, like a school girl diary, really. Great! Well, I guess I would face what ever his reaction was.

It was almost three or so now. Almost seven hours for him to cool off. It was time to go back and apologize and accept whatever reaction from him I got.

Sighing, I climbed into my car and began the drive to his house. I had called his parents shorty after I left and told them that I had found him. I had also told them to stay away from their home until I managed to sort things out with Mitch, just so they wouldn't have to try and deal with him.

I pulled into the driveway, my stomach knotting. I was nervous, anxious, a lot of emotions, all mixed in one body. The most prominent one was my apprehension. Like when I was searching for him in that house all those months ago. My stomach was coiling with the feeling. Just like it was now.

I opened the front door, calling out that is was me, just in case he thought someone was intruding in on his home.

No answer.

At first, I was worried, but then a voice chimed in, bringing reason.

He came from a place where answering, or speaking, really, got him in trouble. Of course he wouldn't respond.

That made the most sense. Quietly, in case he was asleep somewhere, I searched the house. At last, I came to his closed door. It was silent in the house. Again, the apprehension tightened my stomach, stronger than before. I rested my hand on the door, taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, then turned the knob.

"Mitchie? Are you in here?" I asked as I slowly pushed it open. "Please don't be mad at me. I am-" I stopped talking as something crunched underfoot. As I looked down, I saw the ground littered with glass. Then, I saw his foot, laying there, still, in the middle of the glass, the rest of him hidden by the bed.

I pulled out my phone, hands shaking as I took a step towards him. Oh, God no!

Two more steps, and I nearly fell from the shock. He was deathly pale, a piece of glass coated in blood in his right hand, his arms cut wide open, covered in blood. He was surrounded by it almost.

"Mitchell!" I screamed, striding over to him, eyes prickling with tears. No! I saw no movement of his chest. He laid there, so still, so cold.

As I blinked, there we were back in that house in LA, Mitch covered in blood, eyes closed.

Call fucking nine one one!

My brain finally shrieked at me, snapping sense into me.

With violently shaking fingers, I managed to type the three buttons in and call dispatch.

"Nine one one. What is your emergency?" The lady on the other end answered.

"Mitch. My best friend, he-he looks dead. He is surrounded by b-blood." I stuttered out.

Already, I could hear the quick typing of her fingers across the keys and she replied. "What is your name, Sir?"

"Scott Hoying. But my friend. He is so cold!" I crouched near him, laying a hand on His cheek, nearly jumping back at how cold he was.

"Where are you located at, Scott?" She asked, voice calm, despite how bad I was shaking. Less than calm, I told her the address. She had me tell him what all he had done.

"He-he cut up his arms. It looks deep. I think he over dosed as well." I said, still crouched beside him. "He is laying in a bunch of glass. He even used a shard to cut his arm."

She had me tell her a few more things, then, the call ended, leaving me to wait in silence, balancing on the balls of my feet a mind the glass, trying not to cry.

Ten minutes passed before help arrived. The moment they did, the house was suddenly filled with noise, but it was strange, unfamiliar noise. EMTs were rushing back and forth, carrying bags and a stretcher and all sorts of devices, police officers, my colleagues, relaying information on the radios, telling me how sorry they were when they had a moment.

As they began to work on moving him out of the room so they could get him to the ambulance, I spotted the sheet of paper I had left on the desk. The pencil was in a different spot and the paper itself was covered in words. I walked over and grabbed it. Though I didn't have time right now to read it, I promised that I would.

I folded it up and stuck it in my pocket, silently watching as they at last got him into the orange stretcher. They picked him up, arms bandaged, breathing Mack forcing his cold body to breathe.

As that carried him out, I pulled out my phone, once again, and made a call, pressing the phone to my ear as I watched them load him into the ambulance, hooking him up to liquids, trying to get his heart beating, pulling out whatever they had. Just as the phone picked up, the doors shut.

"Scott? What's wrong? Is he missing again?" It was Mitch's mother. I gave a weak smile I knew she wouldn't see at her protectiveness of her son.

"No, no. He isn't missing. He's just not at home anymore."

"Where is he? Where is my son?" She asked, her voice taking an edge. "Did you do something to him?"

"No! I didn't. No. They are taking him to the hospital. He's not dead, yet. But he almost warm he tried to commit. So much blood." I said.

"Oh no!" She cried. "Scott, we will meet you there. Thank you for finding my son." Then the line went dead.

God, I hope I found him in time for them to save him.

~°~
Rest of the book will be from Scott's P.O.V, just letting you little fruit flies know.

AltoPentaholic sorry for breaking your heart in the last chapter. But, you better prepare for the rest of the book.

Oh, and stay Sexy
-Scomiche❤💛💚💙💜